SaltCritters.com

2.5 gallon - 4th months old and I think it is complete! (for a week at least)

LiQuiD

Well, war broke out tonight so I figured since I would be watching TV on the computer and viewing my tank, that I would take some update pictures. I think I will just add to this thread as things change in this tank. Some new things and some things taken out (the damn xenia really was getting on my nerves in such a small tank). well I will start with the specs and then unleash the eye candy.

2.5 gallon AGA

Custom pine hood and stand

(2) Bookworm 13 watt lamps - 50/50 10,000k/actinic03 bulbs

Aquaclear Mini HOB

(1) 40 GPH Power Head (behind reef)

50 watt Acura heater

5 lbs. Fiji LR

3 lbs. LS

1 Emerald Crab

1 Peppermint Shrimp

1 Astrea snail

2 slugs

1 red legged hermit

1 blue legged hermit

1 Blue/Green Chromis (Reef fish)

1 Ricordea (pink/brown/green)

1 Ricordea (white/green)

3 Mushrooms (blue wagon wheel)

2 Mushrooms (green wagon wheel)

1 Mushrooms (red with blue dots)

2 Mushrooms (brown/ flor. green)

2 Mushrooms (Purlple)

Pink Star Polyps

Green Star Polyps

White Star Polyps

3 Capanella

1 Orange Dendronepthia (several smaller)

Zoos (orange/orange skirt)

Zoos (orang/green skirt)

Zoos (white/green mouth)

Zoos (brown/orange mouth)

Zoos (flo. green)

Yellow Polyps

Button Polyps (brown/white stripes)

Button Polyps (3 Carribean, large, green.pink/white/brown)

Montipora Digitata (just about dead from multiple stings)

SPS (forgot name, will edit when I remember)

Candy Cane

Blasto

Gorgonian (yellow finger)

Feather Duster (purple/peach)

Halimeda (macro algae)

Gracillaria (macro algae)

More to come....

OK, now for the pics. I start with the shot of where the tank sits, at my desk in my home office, to show the actual size because it is hard to believe the tank is only 12 inches long, 8 inches high and 6 inches deep.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chili with Zoos. Only opens at night so you really can't see how big and beautiful this coral is. I will try and get a shot when it is open one of these days.

Upper right. Red with light blue dotted shroom, 2 new blue wagon whell shrooms sprouting, Yellow Polyps (new one starting in the center), and my buddy, the Blu/Green Chromis that has been living in here happily since the beginning.

Right middle. Feather Duster (Purple & Peach), 2 small baby Zoos, and a mat of White Star Polyps that has grown over a gorgonian skeleton.

Setup:

2.5 gallon AGA

Custom pine hood and stand

(2) Bookworm 13 watt lamps - 50/50 10,000k/actinic03 bulbs

Aquaclear Mini HOB

(1) 40 GPH Power Head (behind reef)

50 watt Acura heater

5 lbs. Fiji LR

3 lbs. LS

Maintenance:

I have recently switched from weekly to every other week doing a 20% water change. 3 Drops Sea Chem's Reef Complete daily, 3 drops Phyto Daily (Soon to be using BioPlankton www.liquidlifeusa.com) which blows DT's out of the water so to speak (which I will start a thread in General Discussion for those who are sick of DT's), daily top off containing Red Sea Reef Success Calcium (I add a few drops to a gallon of Distilled that sits under the tank). Thats it, phyto, calcium, and top off, all at the same time takes a whole 45 seconds a day. I use the magnet glass cleaner like once a week but thats it, the glass no longer gets anything on it, just coraline. I do stir the sand every now and then, I like it to look clean and it helps to get the detritus into the water column for the filter, yes I'm using the sponge, cut in half. The stirring also helpd to feed certain filter feeders like the gorgonian that like to eat detritus. The water change is 2 Breakstone's Sour Cream 16 ounce container scoops out, then 2 poured back in.

real nice liquid. I hate you for not having algae.

I need to go stare at the boob shroom for a while and take a moment alone if you know what I mean.

Archived