inTank Media Baskets

10G Last Laugh tank thread

misfit36

This is my first SW tank. I have had my well planted FW for a few years now and decided after much thought to go reefing. I only have room/$ for a 10G so thats what it is. So here it goes.....

10G AGA

AC110 - modded (chaeto, chemipure elite, some floss)-18"striplight overtop for chaeto(temporary)

Koralia Nano240

Tetra 100W submerisble heater - water stays at 76*

Boost LED PAR30 (3 RB, 1 CW, 1 NW) 60* optic

Live sand

Approx. 10lbs Live Rock

4 Blue claw hermits

2 Scarlet hermits

1 Skunk shrimp

Mushroom

Bubble mushroom

Zoas

Monti

tank.jpg

monti.jpg

bubbleshroom.jpg

zoas.jpg

Looking good, I hope you prove your point with the tank. I hate people who assume that a tank has to be huge in order to be awesome. As a side note, you can get full size pictures by using a site like photobucket. Just post them to your account, copy the image URL and then paste this into the "insert picture" button when you make a post.

Looking good, I hope you prove your point with the tank. I hate people who assume that a tank has to be huge in order to be awesome. As a side note, you can get full size pictures by using a site like photobucket. Just post them to your account, copy the image URL and then paste this into the "insert picture" button when you make a post.

When has that point ever been made? This site is called NANO-reef.com, not HUGE-reef.com.

</threadhighjack>

When has that point ever been made? This site is called NANO-reef.com, not HUGE-reef.com.

This guy is building the tank to prove that point. Did you read his post?

Yeah, but because it's the "last laugh" tank, it implies that the other guy was making fun of the 10 gallon tank.

Didnt mean that he thought that bigger tanks were better....whatever, I;m gonna stop highjaking his thread and lets see what he is going to reply. I'm prolly about too look like a smart-ass... :mellow:

Timothy is correct. My point is this guy laughed after he asked what size tank it was, therefor I will have the last laugh when he sees what a nano reef can actually look like.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, either way.

Timothy is correct. My point is this guy laughed after he asked what size tank it was, therefor I will have the last laugh when he sees what a nano reef can actually look like.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, either way.

K, cool, glad someones right. Hope your tank goes well. I had a 10 gallon that I dismanteled today. If you need any equipment and stuff you can check out my for sale thread ;)

I felt like the AC110 was giving too much uni-directional flow in my small 10g so I decided a quick fix was in order. I cut out 2 small pieces from the plastic piece that comes with the glasstop, superglued them to the "return ramp". This actually worked pretty well deflecting the water in 3 directions, its not as good as 3 different PHs' but I still have my Nano240. Thanks for looking

filtermod.jpg

filtermod2-1.jpg

Nice tank, well at least for a skimpy little 10 gal.

JK, JK!!!

Welcome to NR!

Sorry your thread got trolled right off the bat!

when you show that dude how awesome nano reefs are punch him in the face and say "who's laughing now, #####!"

the # signs is a word that begins with a "B" lol

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I was right, lol. Great tank, but can you throw in a couple of front tank shots so I can see the light spread on the par30 bulb? thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so its been a little while. I have since added a second Boost LED, much happier now. I also changed the scape creating more of the mountain effect which I wanted.

tankled.jpg

Some new additions are a BTA (yea yea I know, too early but he seems happy. moved for a couple days but has stayed put since), some GSP, favia and a TR ocellaris. The monti also changed to a crazy neon green after a couple days.

monti2.jpg

GSP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is looking good. I really like the BTA, and that's crazy that the monti changed to such a different color. Watch out for that GSP taking over the whole tank, lol

• 2 months later...

Archived