Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

5.5 with T-5's!

SaltyVT

id add some rics and a few small frags of zoas around the tank. you could probably take some of your sand out, it looks pretty deep.

Its around two inches thick, think taking some of it out will screw up the bio diversity in the sand and what not??

I would just let the substrate be but make sure you have someting that will stir it up because it could become a nutrient sink.

I second the rics... they are very interesting looking and have bright colors.

What kind of equipment is on the tank?

I would just let the substrate be but make sure you have someting that will stir it up because it could become a nutrient sink.

I second the rics... they are very interesting looking and have bright colors.

What kind of equipment is on the tank?

a Coralife 9 watt 10K and 9 watt atinic so 18 watts on 12 hours a day!!

Based on your second pic I think your water might spill :lol:

Looks good so far!

YR

That was my "I'm falling down taking a picture" picture also know as artsie :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I resurrected this thread. I have rearranged the rock work, took the cabbage leather and split it, put the trumpet coral in my 8 and add few extras. No to go shopping for some corals!!!!

:D

cact009.jpg

cact010.jpg

• 1 month later...
brent-konieczny

Nice start of a 2.5. That leather is actually Sinularia dura (often mistaken for sarcophton leather: just to let you know). I suggest you add as many corals as you can afford now.

• 5 months later...

update, I have began working on this tank once again. Added the frogspawn, mean greens and a yuma, Next going to add a nice 24w T5 lighting to it in the next week, so pics to come soon!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
avalanche1201

thats a giant mushroom...cut that thing up into 4ths or something

edit: but its a good looken tank...my mom just saw it and said "thats a pretty looking tank" so she likes it to

Bought it off uhuru, it usually comes with the 5.5 gallon Cadlights all-in-one set up, nice little unit, smallest t-5 I have seen! Could use better reflectors, next on the mod list!!! :D

Nice tank salty, still need to add somemore corals to my 2 gal. Love the lighting may have to try to find that light.

WOW! Great tank! I wouldnt cut up the shroom. I like how its so big. Looks really nice. I would leave it the way it is.

So what are you planning on adding next?

Archived