inTank Media Baskets

Lil' Dixie - YTIII

yankeereefer

Creating a new thread for my pico cuz I think the desc on the original thread was misleading. I was looking for a bulb. You can follow it from the beginning here.

Update 09/04/06:

I pulled the zoa frags from the mantis tank and added them into the pico. The shroom came dislodged and floated over to the xenia. I gelled a brown paly (between the zoas) - Don't think it's gonna make it though.

DSC01824.jpg

Found a really cool HH in my chaeto yesterday. He's gone this morning, so I don't know if someone ate him or if he's just dug in deeper into the macro. Some kinda pod. Huge thing is about .25" uncurled.

DSC01821.jpg

I forgot to add pic of the pep that ate all my aiptasia:

DSC01789.jpg

YR

Sexy's would be cool, but I've not seen any at LFS's around here. I'm just gonna take it slow and see what comes of it.

I know I want to frag some gsp to cover some of the rock for sure. But what else??

I have an idea of what you could add. A small flower anem. They are super easy to keep. I have one and I love it. I feed a small piece of shrimp once a week.

Also, you could try a small frogspawn, candy cane, or some pipe organ.

HTH!

texx

I'll probably add a blue shroom from my 10g - There's a few of them growing that I can pull from. I also have an orange ric that I might move.

Texx - I might have to look into the flower anem. I agree that it would be pretty cool.

I want to cram a lot of color into this - riotj's .75g was really cool when he had it going.

Yeah put the shroom and ric in there. Will you be adding them today?

I would put the GSP on the rock of the right that is sticking straight up.

Next time you go to your LFS look for a flower anem. Sometimes they are pretty small so you have to search for them. Also, when you get one they prefer to be in the sandbed so it won't take up any of the valuable "real estate."

texx

mine hated the sandbed and moved right onto a rock above him.. so be warned.. some may like the sandbed and others may not.. since then it has stayed put

Here are some different Flower anems. They come in all different colors and sizes.

2363975galanenome.JPG

FlowerAnemone.jpg

rtebbenflower_400.JPG

floweranemones.jpg

and my favorite:

rock_anemone_baby_052103.jpg

HTH

texx

ps-Thanks google for the pics!

Yeah I know they are really neat. I am going to try to get another one today.

Um let me look for a website.

texx

Ok here is one link:

Sea Life Florida

Heres another, click on the Invert page and then scroll down and they are like half way down the page.

Florida Pets

^They have really good prices

I will keep looking

Sorry Texx-

The top one (purple / pink) one on floridapets looks really cool - I think this is a rock anenome though

I kinda like the green one on Sea Life too. The other thing I saw that I like there was the gorgonia - I think a flame scallop would be cool too, if I could find a real itty bitty one.

I may call them tomorrow

YR

Yeah the flame scallops don't live long at all in captivity.

I really like the pink rock anem. from florida pets. LMK what happens when you call them.

texx

Archived