ReefCleaners.org

POD filled Chaeto live sand starter Kits

pufferpoison

pufferpoison

Ok i'm back for some more chaeto sales. It's been a month or so and I am ready to clean out my Fuge's that are packed with chaeto again.

MODS: I am only trying to clean out my fuges on my 3 tanks that have chaeto growing and just trying to recope a few bucks from the thousands that i've dumped into this hobby!!! no commercializing here :)

ok now that that's out of the way. I have sold many bags on here to happy customers now brimming with pods.

$12.00 STANDARD quart bag with a little live sand, a piece of live rock, empty shell (usually incrusted with pods) and CHEATO.

$15.00 DELUXE quart bag with a heeping portion full of live sand, a few pieces of live rock rubble, a shell or two and Chaeto (good starter kit for seeding your sand bed)

$17.50 Thermos Deluxe (same as above - good deal if you want as much life as possible to live, thermos helps with the temps)

paypal is ssgdigital@sbcglobal.net

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puffer, would a pack like this be good to put into an empty tank or container to use for quarantine purposes for fish and/or corals?

pufferpoison

quarantine yes, medications NO

if for qt - it would help since it's full of the good bacteria that turns ammonia into nitrite and then nitrite into nitrate (2 diff. types of bacteria) so yes it would be good for that. and then you would have the chaeto to suck up the nitrates :)

You wouldn't want to use anything like copper with live rock / live sand because it leaches into the live rock and will kill the bacteria.

This would be perfect for a new tank to get a jump on the cycle process.

quarantine yes, medications NO

if for qt - it would help since it's full of the good bacteria that turns ammonia into nitrite and then nitrite into nitrate (2 diff. types of bacteria) so yes it would be good for that. and then you would have the chaeto to suck up the nitrates :)

You wouldn't want to use anything like copper with live rock / live sand because it leaches into the live rock and will kill the bacteria.

This would be perfect for a new tank to get a jump on the cycle process.

Good info, Puffer. Nah I don't know enough about meds yet (nor have fish yet) to start using it. I'd like to have a pico for my desk at work, so this could work perfect for that! B)

Pufferpoison I want to send paypal right now for the $17.50 Thermos Deluxe, reply if you have in stock and I will send paypal instantly. (also sent you a PM about this)

I am going to need some but wont have the new tank set up for about a week.. gotta paing the back and finish messing with the AC to make it into the refugium. Will you still have some. I will buy the deluxe if you do. Just let me know!

Thanks!

can we just buy some sand and rock to help the tank through its first cycle does the chaeto really help, and do you just let it float in the tank while it cycles.

pufferpoison

Well the chaeto will usually have pod eggs alone with pods in it. That way your seeding your tank with pods alone with the bacteria from the live sand / live rocks.

Yes you can float it or wedge it in a piece of live rock, etc....

I've put together this setup because it seems to work pretty well as far as seeding your tank with diversity and jumpstarting the pods in the tank (very good thing). but Yes i can sell just some live rock /live sand.

it's up to you, your buying ;)

and yes I'll have some in a week or so.

mmmm chaeto

cheatoone.jpg

100_3252.jpg

Do you think you'll have some still available in about a week? I just got a MiniBow 2.5 today, and the deluxe thermos will be perfect to start off the tank with. I just gotta wait till after wednesday to order which is when a we have a fire drill/code inspection at my office building and I want to put it in AFTER the drill incase it's not allowed. :P

I want in on this deal! I just set up the EcoSystem 40 refugium (nothing but live rock in the tank so far) and the timing is perfect! I am sending you a paypal payment today for the Thermos Deluxe. Please confirm.

Thanks,

Lynn

yep everything's going out Tuesday. All bags will look Excellent for any of you that had to wait the extra week.

hey, sent ya the money via paypal, hope ya get it and thanks :)

Is there any way i can buy one now and then get it shipped to arrive on the 18th? If not i understand. but i did want in on this deal. I'll just be out of town for a while

Archived