Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pistol Shrimp

NanoClown

Are pistol shimp safe with other shrimp? (i have a cleaner shrimp) my LFS has a tiger and another kind of pistol for $10 each and i really like them. also what kind of gobies pair up with pistol shrimp?

Watchman gobies pair up nicely. I have a pair of gobies living with a tiget. I have a 55 gal and the tiger lives on one side with the gobies and the coral banded sheimp I have wanders all over at night and neither bother each other. Hope that helps.

check outthis pic. These are my guys However the paler goby is now almost as yellow as the yellow one.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=8627

Watchman gobies pair up nicely. I have a pair of gobies living with a tiget. I have a 55 gal and the tiger lives on one side with the gobies and the coral banded sheimp I have wanders all over at night and neither bother each other. Hope that helps.

check outthis pic. These are my guys However the paler goby is now almost as yellow as the yellow one.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=8627

That picture is adorable. Great work.

clifford513

I think a stonogobiops nematodes and a tiger shrimp would work fine. Alpheus randalli are the usual mate but the stono is reportedly pretty promiscuous. Fine for a 5g imho. :)

post-8777-1154382818_thumb.jpgpost-8777-1154382828_thumb.jpgHere are more recent p[ics. Like 2 minutes ago. The goby on the left is the greyish goby in the pic from the link above. The goby with the shrimp is the same one. It turned from greyish to yellow. Pretty cool.
purple_llama

i have a tiger pistol (no goby) in a ~3 gallon tank at work, and he's had shrimp in there with him.

he ignores them unless they get into his territory, and since the biggest 'cave' in there is also the top of his cave, i'd never get a normal cleaner since they like to hang in caves and that'd bring him right into pistol land.

i did get these other cleaners, forget the name but they were smaller, almost completly transparent and stayed on top of the rocks for the most part. when i was able to watch them they rarely got in the way of the pistol and were able to zoom away when he came near.

*something* did them in after almost a year though, one a few months after the other. not sure what. could be tank conditions, my work tank unfortunatly doesn't get as much care as it should.

anyways, my point was, look at your rockwork and figure out where the shrimp would all live. pistol shrimps are very territorial so you want to make sure the others won't get in his way.

Archived