Cultivated Reef

Seachem ALK test alert !

roxy25

Crap, I have that lot number. Thanks for the heads up. I'd run a test on it myself, but I don't have any different kits to cross check with.

My alk reads at about 5 meq/l, but this test is reading too high, so my alk is actually low?

Ugh, I just tested my params last night for the first time to see where my cycle is at, and I too have the Marine Basic kit with lot #0201 alk reagent. :( I tested at 8.1-8.2 pH and 6-6.5 alk... Is the batch actually bad in it should be tossed, or do different numbers need to be multiplied to get correct results?? I'm keeping my eye on this one too.

Crap, I have that lot number. Thanks for the heads up. I'd run a test on it myself, but I don't have any different kits to cross check with.

My alk reads at about 5 meq/l, but this test is reading too high, so my alk is actually low?

I believe so my alk with this test was 7 meq/l but I did a back up test with the IO test and it comes out to 3.5

Ugh, I just tested my params last night for the first time to see where my cycle is at, and I too have the Marine Basic kit with lot #0201 alk reagent. :( I tested at 8.1-8.2 pH and 6-6.5 alk... Is the batch actually bad in it should be tossed, or do different numbers need to be multiplied to get correct results?? I'm keeping my eye on this one too.

phixion and kevxross have you guys run the reference test ?

please run a the regular alk test then run the reference test please post your readings.

I believe so my alk with this test was 7 meq/l but I did a back up test with the IO test and it comes out to 3.5

phixion and kevxross have you guys run the reference test ?

please run a the regular alk test then run the reference test please post your readings.

bump

You better email Seachem - looks like the rep over there is only interested in helping those that did. Have you received a response yet roxy? I just now emailed him through his RC profile; I hope that's sufficient.

Roxy, did SeaChem respond back to you yet? I wasn't sure if I should email them or not or what their results and findings were on it. Please keep us updated, thanks! :)

I received a response. They asked for my address so they could send me a replacement. I don't know if they're gonna send a whole new kit or just the alk reagent. Hopefully a new kit, because my pH is wrong too and I dunno how much I trust everything else...

I received a response. They asked for my address so they could send me a replacement. I don't know if they're gonna send a whole new kit or just the alk reagent. Hopefully a new kit, because my pH is wrong too and I dunno how much I trust everything else...

Interesting... Do they still insist the batch is good, I'd think sending a replacement is aknowledging a problem with the lot... I'm wondering if I should email them too...

Archived