Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

was bored so i took some pic's of my planted tank inhabbitants.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

this guy is my fav. still not sure if its a scooter blenny,mother sailfin,starry or finger dragonet. (lol everybody seems to think differently.) it sure is the coolest scooter i've seen. bright red tail, blue face, pink/purple on top of his head, huge blue eyespots on his top and bottom fins(which he never seems to raise.)

the dorsal is the most impressive (the front fin) but i hardly ever get to see it.

IMG_7446.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

IMG_7418.jpg

heres the local hermitt hangout, they sport more coraline than most of my rocks.

:(

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7393.jpg

mr attitude! for a 2" sailfin blenny, hes quite the hermit thrower.

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

since my fairy wrasse passed on, he's always hanging out in the codium.

rock cleaner shrimp, i dig the perfect black squares in the center of those bright blue eyes. :)

IMG_7378.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

would have taken pics of my pipefish, but they wouldn't come out of hiding.

the yasha and hifin were also non co-operative. :)

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

IMG_7452.jpg

im using a 3x1 23g aquarium and a 25g sump filled with cheato and caulerpa(use it more as a breeding ground for pods than anything else.) i tend to over feed for the pipefish, so i do have an excalibur skimmer running 24-7.

lighting is 10 hours of 110w dual power compact 36" fixture (9325k bulbs) my sump is lit with 3 27 watt 6500k phillips daylight twists.

ph 8.2 amm. 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 5ppm.

for movement i'm using an emperor filter (gutted but using the plastic tray to catch loose alqae that makes it into the filter) the ulva likes to tear and find its way into the intakes. also a 301 power head.

is there anything in particular you'd like to know about the tank?

its had its share or problems, ick,cyano,hair algae, 2 types of nudi's

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7276.jpg

and a batch of sea hare eggs (approx 2 million give or take :) )

IMG_7175.jpg

I love planted tanks.... Very Nice....

My nano is turning into a planted tank right now, I wanted my 300g a planted tank but my darn trigger ate everything. That darn fish gets fed 3 times a day and it ate everything in 2 days...... LOL

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i throw out a bag of ulva,caulerpa and cheato almost every other week (a big bag) and thats after i give away macro's to my friends that want them.

i could do with another lawnmower for the tank, but with the size, options are limited.

RayWhisperer

Impressive!!!

I'll throw in my isea of what the first fish is...

I'd say it's definately a Dragonet of some sort. Not a blenny for sure, someone here told me blennies have a solid dorsal(no breaks).

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

thats the real kicker, a scooter blenny is a dragonet. just like a mandarin goby is a dragonet.

not sure why they call them a blenny or goby but boths names are incorrect. :)

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

well there is a fts up there. not sure why its showing up as a red x, but here ya go.

IMG_7452.jpg

and the newest nudi discovery

IMG_7477.jpg

clifford513
well there is a fts up there. not sure why its showing up as a red x, but here ya go.

I can see both of them now. Strange :huh: Nice! I love planted tanks! Cool looking nudi.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2
I can see both of them now. Strange :huh: Nice! I love planted tanks! Cool looking nudi.

i'm really starting to appreciate these tiny little critters, they all are very interesting and cool looking.

its unfortunate they'll end up destroying my macro tank if left unchecked.

even the eggs are cool looking

IMG_7155.jpg

(the white spirals)

Awesome tank. That scooter dragonet looks very healthy; great color, too--subtle.

I LOVE those little black sailfin gobies (they're a goby, teehee)..I have one. They're from the Caribbean, one of our suppliers says. Gorgeous little blackies.

Fishfreak218

www.floridapets.com

www.liveaquaria.com

www.marinedepotlive.com

Marine Vascular plants have different needs then macroalgea.... so make sure you have the right set-up for what you plan on getting.....

cant wait to get my 30g. cube planted tank up and running

• 1 month later...
scarf_ace1981

that's too many plants for my taste. i love it, don't get me wrong but i rather have corals. it works great for your set up. that fish is a scooter blenny.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

yup but its not a blenny at all its a dragonet, just like a mandarin goby isnt a goby. :)

to be honest its way too many plants for my taste also (needs pruning)

when i get tired of looking at plants, i head to the livingroom and stare at my reef.

IMG_8662.jpg

IMG_8659.jpg

i'm with you, i prefer tanks full of corals, i have my reef, the planted tank is just a low maintance aquarium specificly geared around the inhabbitants.

to be honest its way too many plants for my taste also (needs pruning)

You better set a few hours aside for that job I am guessing :o!

Archived