Innovative Marine Aquariums

Here is my little part of the ocean

wwildcats04

wwildcats04

I have a 20 long with a Current USA Orbit fixture, 130 watts total

I use a maxi-jet 1200 for circulation and have an AC 110 refugium but some day when all of my other projects are over with my tanks I plan on building a 10g sump.

I do not skim but do weekly 25% water changes but once I build my sump or get some extra money (summer) I'll buy a skimmer. I have about 40# of live rock in there and about a lb of live sand to seed the rest, I've seen some mean looking bristle worms and tons of micro stars and pods.

Here are some of my charges to start out

20060329picsofstuff00760jd.jpg

20060329picsofstuff00789xv.jpg

20060329picsofstuff00986sr.jpg

20060329picsofstuff00973nq.jpg

20060329picsofstuff01011bl.jpg

20060329picsofstuff01047hn.jpg

20060329picsofstuff01051di.jpg

Please excuse the background for now, I have not had a chance to go and purchase a real one yet even thought I work at a LFS lol. Tell me your thoughts and I'll gget some more better pictures on here later.

what kind of shrimp is that?

what kind of crab is that cruising through the bubble coral? is that okay, does it not bother the coral?

Looks great, especially when the coraline algae picks up! Since you work at a LFS I'd take some coraline scapings home to help seed.

And yes, a black background would help tremendously!

wwildcats04

its not a bubble coral, its an anemone, bubble tipped to be exact... no they porcelain crab does not harm the anemone they have a symbiotic relationship. I have never seen the crab more than 1/2 an inch away from the anemone. Yes, the shrimp is a fire shrimp... they are a little more expensive but they are so worth it IMO. Mine will eat out of my hands its pretty fun to watch. Im a big fan of Inverts so I really enjoy all the different ones... I have a peppermint shrimp, sexy shrimp, fire shrimp, pom-pom crab, porcelain crab, turtle conch, and the assortment of typical snails/ hermies

wwildcats04

yes, it ate it... at first i thought it picked it up to kind of replace its anemones but than later on I saw it chowing down

Archived