Pod Your Reef

ATTN ALL 12G AQUAPOD OWNERS!

DevilBoy

Smart move from Current.

yes i agree, i knew they would come thru and fix the problem.

Man Current USA is sure stepping up to the plate....Too bad JBJ couldnt have done the same with the cracking nano-cubes!

yep so technically if you want you could own to nanos

stoney waters
Man Current USA is sure stepping up to the plate....Too bad JBJ couldnt have done the same with the cracking nano-cubes!

I agree Current did the right thing. In JBJ's case a recall would not have done any good. There was no "fix" for the cracking cubes. All they could do was stand by their warranty, which is what they have been doing. The problem has been corrected in the new models.

I think i might buy an Aquapod or Nanocube 12g. for an upgrade after my 2.5g and the contest is over and all.. it would make for a good planted (saltwater) reef tank! ... i dont know yet though.. anyway that was the right thing of them to do..., im glad they did a recal b4 anyone seriously got hurt (well from what i have heard so far) ... its like the Mac. Laptop, the white one... i bought one 1 month after my friends did and they had to recall all of them (not mine.. the people who bought them b4 me :) ) b.c. they were like burning and stuff... :o

Consumers should stop using these aquarium systems, unplug them, and contact their local retailer for a free replacement or repair kit.

Please unplug your system and let everything die.

Please unplug your system and let everything die.

man are you just bitter... what more do you want they are taking care of the problems. and actually there should not be any livestock in these cubes since most of them are still cycling.

dude not everything would have to die. put the tnak infront of a window and put bubblers in the tank.. problem solved!

huh :huh: Or you can drain the tank and throw your livestock in the trash. I think that is the same as what you are talking about. <_< That was good there was a recall on the Aquapods.

man are you just bitter... what more do you want they are taking care of the problems. and actually there should not be any livestock in these cubes since most of them are still cycling.

Geez. Lighten up.

I think it's sad that the AP, which was so hyped has come out of the chute and tripped. The Fusion skimmer reviews are less then stellar too. Yes, Current is taking care of the problem. Their first "fix" was a timer and t-shirt. I'd be interested in what their "repair kit" is. I also think it is funny how everyone is yelling about how Current is stepping up and taking care of the problem. JBJ did too. They DID replace tanks and there is a thread about them replacing a tank out of warranty for the cost of shipping. Sounds like taking care of the customer. I'm glad Current is taking care of the customer, but the white knight has some rust on him and his horse has a limp.

BTW: I like the t-shirt design posted above. :D

I can't belive I just got one yesterday ...

Just a few minutes ago I read the recall. Checked mine.. no serial number... doah.

Hooked up multimeter to the blue outlet cord.. yep.. 110... V unplugged..

No wonder the bulb is only half lit..

So is there a way to crack this baby open and resoldier it??

I am not going to let my coral die by unplugging it.

They should send out replacement hoods so that when one arrives, you switch it out and put the defective one in the box, slap the label on and it is picked up for shipment back to Current USA. They want eveyone to stop using it so that they reduce thier liabiltiy in case of an accident. There are not thinking about the customer's inconvenience, but thier liability.

doncb--> I agree with you wholeheartedly. Everyone bashed JBJ, and this AP, was supposed to crush it.

Well, I dunno about anyone else, but, I think JBJ was smart to release a basic model, and then the dx. They did not really have any probs for a while, until this cracking thing, which, IMO, is a shipping mishap.

just my 2 cents!

D

Well after tonights light I am gonna try to rewire it myself..

Sounds like someone in China production line just messed up the procedure.

How do you take the top off?

aquapod02.jpg

It does sound like a good move by current.

But the press Release reads "In co-operation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Current USA Inc. is voluntarily recalling Aquapod 12-gallon aquarium systems (Model#7050) that were sold in the USA from ..."

Sounds like the CPSC had to apply pressure? I'm not imagining Current calling the CPSC to help them with the recall...

It does sound like a good move by current.

But the press Release reads "In co-operation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Current USA Inc. is voluntarily recalling Aquapod 12-gallon aquarium systems (Model#7050) that were sold in the USA from ..."

Sounds like the CPSC had to apply pressure? I'm not imagining Current calling the CPSC to help them with the recall...

thats true, but if you would read the whole article, they were waiting for the CPSC to approve the retro fit kit to repair the hood, Current USA is allowing the public with these nanos 2 choices, 1 being sending out the retro fit kit and put the new wiring and kit in yourself, then tossing out the old wiring, or 2. sending the people a new AquaPod. but you can not have both fixes. that is why the CPSC was involved. myself decided to keep the tank and when the new one shows up snipe the wires on the defective one and ship the old cords back. then i will just buy a new retro kit from Chris at nano customs and put it in the cube that had the bad wiring.

yes i agree, i knew they would come thru and fix the problem.

They really had no choice. People could get seriously hurt and the liability could have cost them many many millions.

they did step up. at one time I said I might not get one because of the initial thoughts on glass thickness, but I have to say that current seems to stand behind their stuff.

In fact, I'll probably remove that T-shirt pic I made. it was funny, but they don't deserve any bad publicity.

they did step up. at one time I said I might not get one because of the initial thoughts on glass thickness, but I have to say that current seems to stand behind their stuff.

In fact, I'll probably remove that T-shirt pic I made. it was funny, but they don't deserve any bad publicity.

It is not a matter of standing behind their product or stepping up. It was a matter of safely to the end users. Current had no choice to recall the product. If we the customers did not complaint about this problem, there would have not been any recall. Even if Current knew about it.

The T-Shirt is still funny. :lol:

thats true, but if you would read the whole article, they were waiting for the CPSC to approve the retro fit kit to repair the hood, Current USA is allowing the public with these nanos 2 choices, 1 being sending out the retro fit kit and put the new wiring and kit in yourself, then tossing out the old wiring, or 2. sending the people a new AquaPod. but you can not have both fixes. that is why the CPSC was involved. myself decided to keep the tank and when the new one shows up snipe the wires on the defective one and ship the old cords back. then i will just buy a new retro kit from Chris at nano customs and put it in the cube that had the bad wiring.

Yeah.. I read that.. .but my point remains the same.

I'm very happy to be wrong on this because I like Current...

But it still reads (to me) like the CPSC went to them...

onward and upward.. as long as people aren't getting shocked or having floods... it's all good

B)

Yea my aquapod had the same shocking problem, but Current Usa is taking care of it so now they just sent me a new aquapod and all I have to do is cut off the powercords from the defective aquapod and send it back to them and I get to keep both aquapods. Guess I'll have an extra tank to set up as a hospital tank :D .

Archived