Modded ASM Mini G

150W HQI 14K Hamilton Bulb.

Secial thanks to:

Bayslayer

PILI

Proraptor

Jamesy

heypanty

looking to get a chiller on this thing pretty quick, as the pendant gets hella hot. Will update soon!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, fans work pretty well but they increase your evaporation by a bunch which is a total pain even if you have an auto top off (unless you have an ro unit hooked up to a float switch in the ATO bucket than your all good :P ).

Yeah, fans work pretty well but they increase your evaporation by a bunch which is a total pain even if you have an auto top off (unless you have an ro unit hooked up to a float switch in the ATO bucket than your all good :P ).

this is true. I have to top off my tank everyday by abiout a 1/2 gal but I'm happier to do that than pay the expense of a chiller.

open top=no fans.

I am debating on making a canopy, but, I just love open-top tanks.

plus, fans are dust sprayers dude! (especially w/ a long-haired cat)

Sure chillers are expensive, but, so is running your AC.

D

Only 1/2 gallon reefin? Thats nothin, i was toping off almost 2 gallons a day with a fan running on my 40g :P

Let me know when you get your internet back Dane and will play some Halo.

open top=no fans.

I am debating on making a canopy, but, I just love open-top tanks.

plus, fans are dust sprayers dude! (especially w/ a long-haired cat)

Sure chillers are expensive, but, so is running your AC.

D

You should build a hood like mine dude...How hot is your tank running? All you seriously need is on clip on fan running across the water surface under the halide and you will see a huge decrease in heat, you will be amazed...I can loan you one until you get a chiller...Let me know

You also should run a fan blowing on the sump water it really works well also...

Yes running your AC is expensive but at least the family and fish can enjoy it instead of just the fish with a chiller.

sorry about the no pics!

I need a damn digital camera with a rechargeable battery, $12 a peice for a batt. is killing me, especially using it for work, everyday!

D

yeah, I have a loft, with no windows, which kinda sux, cuz we are upstairs to begin with!

I did'nt think about a couple fans over the sump, good idea, hope I have room!

I have been thinking about building a hood, that way I can add actinic, (if I switch bulbs) and also some moonlights/fans.

D

yeah, I have a loft, with no windows, which kinda sux, cuz we are upstairs to begin with!

I did'nt think about a couple fans over the sump, good idea, hope I have room!

I have been thinking about building a hood, that way I can add actinic, (if I switch bulbs) and also some moonlights/fans.

D

Yeah man fans blowing in the sump work pretty well but not as well as a fan blowing the water surface under the halide...

I think you should build a hood it will make your life a lot easier. But hey thats just me...

yeah.

I have sort of a weird stand, it's gonna be tough to match! (you will see when you come see the set-up)

I think ultimately, I am gonna have to build a stand, my girl is not digging the pendant look! lol

D

damn pili 2 gals on a 40 I guess Im not too bad with having the fan blowing across the surface and all.

floor I like the open top tank look too - seeing the water movement up close and personal is tight but your cat might go for a dive to cool off on a summer day. LOL

Do you know the dimensions of your o-flow box? Ill have to come over and take a look at it... You buy the plumbing and Ill make your o-flow silent...

Reefin--> Vegita, (my cat) is pretty curious too! lol I caught him clawing the glass, trying to get a hermit on the other side! lol

Tom--> let's set that up, pronto!

D

thx Reefin!!! I got some more pics, but, I can't post them due to size.

most of the rock I have is from the OG Petown in Lake Forest, (since outta buisness) I even have a 20 year-old peice!

I got the remainder from Coral Oasis, I was really surprised, awesome LR.

Yup, those things bling!!!! Big up to Proraptor!!!!

D

Archived