ReefCleaners.org

[STOCK] fluidimagery

fluidimagery

Yup, just got done digging up some of my old FW Aqua Clears and Heaters. Cutting the glass top for an AquaClear 150 to fit while minimizing evap, and painting the back of the tank. Rock and Sand to go in next.

Will a Tronic 50w be too much? Are there any heaters that will fit in an AC 150?

Day 1:

Sprayed Back of Tank, setup 3lbs and Sand and 4lbs of live rock. Waiting on 18w Current light from NanoTuners - Using a single 10w 50/50 PC for now. Cut glass to fit over tank to help with evaporation since I won't be using an ATO. I'm going to give the tank a few days to show any signs of cycling although everything was used from an established tank. I have a nice 1/2 clown goby waiting in my NC12

Pics:

02-day1.jpg

03-day1.jpg

Thanks for the advice. As hard as it was to do in a 2 1/2, I set the rock up so the nimble cleaner would still be able to fit around the parts that weren't touching.

Funny! I cross bred it with the dog 1/2 Clown Goby, 1/2 Boston Terrier. One FULL Boston Clown Goby. It was quite a sight.

Day 3:

Added small bit of Cheato

Day 4:

Added 1/2" Clown Goby. Re-Aquascaped to allow for more room to roll out game plan. Temp levels seem to be very steady at 78. Still waiting for Sattelite PC should be here on Friday according to FedEx.

Pics:

04-day4.jpg

05-day4.jpg

Any comments welcome.

Day 5: Just received shipment of Satellite 18w PC from NanoCustoms. Thanks Chris and Oogie for putting togther the great price on the light.

06-day5.jpg

07-day5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 18: Tank has been cycling since my last update. Meanwhile I decided to contain the Yellow Clown Goby in my NC12 while it was doing so. Cycle is just about complete, debating whether to add it back to the 2.5. Livestock in the tank include a Pom Pom Crab, 2 Hermits and 4 Snails of various types.

Below are some updated pictures I just took -

FTS:

08-day18.jpg

Various Zoos surrounding beautiful piece of fossilized Tridcna shell - Feather Duster was a hitchiker on the Clam Shell

09-day18.jpg

Kenya Tree Frag that just attached to it's piece of LR. Frag taken from my NC12

10-day18.jpg

Green Center Clove Polyp Frag

11-day18.jpg

must be good stuff then. I have some Cheato stuffed in the back left corner too. Was using it to help cycle, I kind of like the look of it, but debating whether to keep it or not.

Looks nice! Love the rock. My LFS sucks LOL. What did you paint the back with? It looks nice I like how everything "pops" because of it. Love the rics too. I would keep the ball of chaeto. It looks like the beginning of the jungle just off the beach :bowdown:

Looks nice! Love the rock. My LFS sucks LOL. What did you paint the back with? It looks nice I like how everything "pops" because of it. Love the rics too. I would keep the ball of chaeto. It looks like the beginning of the jungle just off the beach :bowdown:

Thanks! I used a Flat Black Enamel Spray. It was the first time I sprayed a tank and it is very easy, you just can't be over anxious to setup the equip an hour after you paint because it scraches very easily :angry: Use 2 coats and be patient! LOL

The rics were kind of rescued from a friends tank that was on the verge of crashing so I'm trying to nurse them back. They're still very closed but at least showing some life now, hopefully they start showing their colors a bit more.

I'm diggin the macro and I like the color diversity it adds. I'd like to maybe add a shaving brush plant too.

Yeah I just love ric's though I had not bought any until this pico. I thought they were too expensive, but then I found a new lfs that has MUCH better pricing.

That would be sweet. I just looked up what they look like (shaving brush) That is a very well suited name for it. Do they help export like macro alge?

I so own page 2 LOL!!

Looks like it... From LiveAquaria:

The Shaving Brush Plant is also known as the Painter's Brush Plant and grows in shallow water in the sand throughout the world. It has a central base with many long thin green leaves, which gives it the appearance of a shaving brush.

These plants help reduce excess nutrients such as nitrates and phosphates in the aquarium. Most herbivorous fish and invertebrates will not normally consume this plant, but sea urchins may uproot and consume this species. Plant the Shaving Brush in the substrate in a well-illuminated place in the aquarium or refugium. This plant will benefit from the regular addition of an iron supplement, as well as trace elements.

:haha:

post-14286-1131072234_thumb.jpg

Archived