Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is it safe to spray my place for bugs?

marcos77

Is it safe to spray my apartment for bugs? I don't know if it will cause any harm to my reef tank. My tank is located near the kitchen. I would be using a household spray that home depot carries. It comes in a gallon container with a handheld sprayer like a windex handle pump. I've been noticing some silver fish as well as one baby crockcroach. If I shouldn't spray then what can I do instead? thanks

purple_llama

i don't know about spray but i was reading up on flea medicine for dogs - the stuff you put a drop on their neck - and some of it you're not supposed to use if you have fish in the same house as the dog! that's not even getting into the air like a spray would.

just thought that might be useful.

i don't know about the spray though, i'd try phoning an exterminator company maybe they'd tell you what they do for clients with fish. or a vet might know.

I have an exterminator come every month, said the chemicals wont harm the tank (I'll find out the name of chemical used) the tank is always happy.

yea when the exterminator comes to my place I just throw sheets over all the tanks and I hav'nt had any problems. you would PROBABLY be ok as long as you dont try spraying your LR LOL.

Archived