SaltCritters.com

September 2012 Featured Reef - trueisb2

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Congratulations to trueisb2 for being selected for our September Reef Profile. trueisb2's nano reef has evolved a lot over its three and a half years, enduring four moves in its lifetime.

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find trueisb2's tank journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for trueisb2, and he'll try his best to answer them.

skimlessinseattle

Absolutely stunning tank. Its nice to see some gorgonians and halimeda making a totm. Your unidentified sps is a pocillopora, they have an aggressive sting, so give it room:-)

Beautiful tank. I'm surprised I haven't seen it before. Congrats on TOTM!

I'm a ninja reefer lol THANX!!!!!!

Absolutely stunning tank. Its nice to see some gorgonians and halimeda making a totm. Your unidentified sps is a pocillopora, they have an aggressive sting, so give it room:-)

Thanks so much! I will make sure it has room to grow and I think I have gorgonians fetish :P

Congrats. I have to give you some serious props for getting rid of the caulerpa recemosa. That's not an easy task by any means. Great tank. Clean, simple, and unique.

Congrats. I have to give you some serious props for getting rid of the caulerpa recemosa. That's not an easy task by any means. Great tank. Clean, simple, and unique.

Thanks! And yes, I trimmed them one day and it took over the tank literally the next day!

Congratulations!!

Thank you!

I love your tank.

I had a couple of questions......

1. Is the purple sea plume difficult to care for? Does it break easily if you accidentally bump it? What do you feed it on your weekly feedings? How fast does it grow? I'm looking to add one on my 28 g. CF cube with sofites, two RBTA, frogspawn and a few fish. The only filtration I use in my life rock and a foam filter.

2. Do you have a night-lit refugium. If not, do you get high PH swings having macros in your display. I've read that macros in the display can cause large PH swings if you don't have a night-lit refugium with macros too.

Thanks. Again......great tank.

• 1 month later...
I love your tank.

I had a couple of questions......

1. Is the purple sea plume difficult to care for? Does it break easily if you accidentally bump it? What do you feed it on your weekly feedings? How fast does it grow? I'm looking to add one on my 28 g. CF cube with sofites, two RBTA, frogspawn and a few fish. The only filtration I use in my life rock and a foam filter.

2. Do you have a night-lit refugium. If not, do you get high PH swings having macros in your display. I've read that macros in the display can cause large PH swings if you don't have a night-lit refugium with macros too.

Thanks. Again......great tank.

Thanks, and I know this is a late reply but to answer your questions

1. The purple sea plume is very easy to care for in my experience, they don't break if you accidentally bump it, I feed phytoplankton, oyster eggs, etc. If you feed them on a regular basic, they will grow faster. However, they should be fine with good lighting. My live rocks and sand are the only filtration in my tank. I don't run skimmer either.

2. I don't have a refugium. To be honest, I've never checked my PH LOL (please do it at your own risk). My tank is as low maintenance as possible, and everything seemed to be doing well with regular water change.

I hope that help.

:)

Archived