Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zoas on the Move!

ccapasso

Thanks Mike!

The empty shell sat in one spot for the longest time. Then sometime last week I noticed a hermit crawl right up next to it and sit down. By the morning, he had moved shells! Sneaky little bugger.

So now, my Zoas travel all over the tank, lol. It is kind of cool looking honestly.

Yeah, thats freaking sweet! Maybe it's time to buy a bunch of hermit shells and park them in the middle of a bunch of zoas in hopes that they'll grow onto them.

hahaha thats awesome as hell man. i want it :P

Thanks man! I'll trade you it for a cabinet for my new tank.

Yeah, thats freaking sweet! Maybe it's time to buy a bunch of hermit shells and park them in the middle of a bunch of zoas in hopes that they'll grow onto them.

Do it! I wondered how long it would take for a hermit to take the shell. At first I was hoping they would leave it alone, but now I'm glad I didn't glue it down.

That is cool !

Thanks! I'm hoping to catch it actually moving around the tank one day and get a video of that.

That is so awesome! Not many corals get a chance to actually be mobile...lol. Those are some lucky zoas!

I like the idea of using empty shells...I have enough of them in the tank, just gotta park them in by a zoa...lol.

Captain Hook

I had a small piece of kenya tree get stuck on a snail onetime for a few weeks, and my friend and I thought of fragging some zoas onto snails and selling them but eventually more than likely the coral would die from constantly bumping into things. I wonder how long they can survive on a hermit lol my stoopid pincusion urchin keeps wearing one of my ricordea frags and is slowly killing it.

Well, if it's on a hermit shell, I don't think it'll be much of a bother. Sometimes Hermits will switch shells more common than you know. But, even if the shell isn't taken over by a hermit, it's a great easy way to get a few polyps per shell for fragging...same way as putting LR rubble in the way of the matting zoa.

I purposely glues zoas onto an old snail shell, but I also glued it down to a rock. I just didn't have any extra rubble.

I was thinking, to keep from bleaching and browning out, I may try to glue some down to my fuzzy chiton :P. he usually stays ontop of one Rock all day, and barely moves around. He sort f just stays within 5 inches of a spot. It would suck if it dies tho, then the zoas would probably need to be thrown out.

Archived