Cultivated Reef

Need a second opion on what I think is a Mantis

Bobyboy

Yeah of the 15-20 of the Dwarf Cerith that I kept from my reefcleaners order I have less then 10 that are active and I am sure this is the reason why.

Seems kinda small but my hermits(not the mini nano sized one these guys are 2 inches) have missing legs and my emerald is missing 3 on one side, I hope this is the only culprit.

how did you catch him? did you hear a lot of clicking or sounds like a little miniature man chipping away at the rocks with a little hammer (and sometimes glass or bottom of aquarium)? I have that going on right now and don't know what to do.

how did you catch him? did you hear a lot of clicking or sounds like a little miniature man chipping away at the rocks with a little hammer (and sometimes glass or bottom of aquarium)? I have that going on right now and don't know what to do.

I heard the clicking noise and my snails stated down the. I noticed legs missing from my crabs.

Just chance that I saw him one night, as for trapping him they all failed and only got my snails.

I got lucky and was watching the tank with a little blacklight flash light and saw him swim into a cave in a front rock and I pulled it and dropped it in my bucket of RO a few times until he popped out.

ill take it i have a frag tank i can throw it in but i cant waste money buying it

Honestly I dont think I'd ship it, the LFS has him in a pico display at the moment.

i just set a trap in my tank to catch a pistol shrimp. :huh:

Good luck

What kind of pistol is it?

Could try and pair it with a goby lol.

Archived