Coral Vue Hydros

Odontodactylus scyllarus

reeftankguy

Started my CAD12g back up.

Just got my “Odontodactylus scyllarus” this afternoon from DiversDen.

She is going to live in a PVC tube in my ADA reef tank sump until the 12g is done cycling.

It will have 20lbs of course live sand and 10lbs of Eco Dry rock from BRS plus a few pieces

of coralline encrusted rock from my ADA Reef tank. Will add to this build thread as the 12g takes shape...

Drip acclimated her and placed in my sump. Sorry about the bad pics. Quickies taken with my iP4s.

Will get better pics later.

CAD12g.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um cute puppy :)

She is cute, but not a puppy, well maybe she is. Franki is 11 mo. old. She is a toy PomEpoo. half Mini Pom and half Toy Poodle... Expensive mutt is what I call her.

#### yeah
That what I said when I saw her...

Awesome man! Will check back for more pics and see where it settles its new home...

Thanks Don... Pretty awsome is right. I fed my dog to her. wanna see the video before I post it on YouTube.lol

Looks awesome! Was it expensive?

Thanks Jrub!

Total with next day FedEx shipping was $90...Priceless!

Updates coming this weekend... Stay tuned!

Forgot to add this to the OP...

She is Five inches BIG!

• 2 weeks later...
reeftankguy

Thanks Jamie... BTW I was raised in Massena. Been scuba diving several times in Clear Lake when I was a kid.

Holy crap, how did I miss this???? That thing is huge and beautiful. Besides your dog, what do you feed her?

reeftankguy
Holy crap, how did I miss this???? That thing is huge and beautiful. Besides your dog, what do you feed her?

Raw Shimp (TV Bait Shrimp) is her main diet. I did feed her a treat Sunday a live Molly from Walmart...

Another vid... Click the pic!

th_IMG_0821.jpg

Very cool. Following along!

I thought this species had to be in a larger tank, but awesome to see maybe not so?

reeftankguy
I thought this species had to be in a larger tank, but awesome to see maybe not so?

Shhhhhhhhh... Dont tell the Peacock Mantis Police! :scarry:

Yes they should be kept in at least a 20L or Longer. I will upgrade to a bigger tank when I find one that meets my fancy...

Shhhhhhhhh... Dont tell the Peacock Mantis Police! :scarry:

Yes they should be kept in at least a 20L or Longer. I will upgrade to a bigger tank when I find one that meets my fancy...

Lol...sorry...Was only asking because I would like to get one of these as well and didn't know if they could be kept in a smaller tank :)

I'm currently housing a peacock in a biocube 14. I think it may be a bit small but I have all I tensions of moving it into a 29 when I get the chance to set it up. Verry cool animals indeed. Look like you got a nice specimen as well, congrats!

How did it react to the Molly when you introduced it? I've been feeding mine fiddlers and red claw crabs and he/she is loving them. I feed one a week along w selcon soaked silversides in between about every third day or so.

I'm also not running any lights on its tank except for the biocube moonlights. What kind of lighting schedule are you running for your mantis?

reeftankguy
How did it react to the Molly when you introduced it? I've been feeding mine fiddlers and red claw crabs and he/she is loving them. I feed one a week along w selcon soaked silversides in between about every third day or so.

I'm also not running any lights on its tank except for the biocube moonlights. What kind of lighting schedule are you running for your mantis?

Cool... You know all I here is "they need more room to roam" around.

So I was thinking about the Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Frameless Glass Aquarium Tank. it is 35.4" long. #### that 20 to 40 gal. craptalk.

As far as the molly goes It attacked it as soon as it saw it was feeding time. It went into a frenzy and snapped it once and the molly was lunch! She didnt eat it all... I make sure I clean up the carnage before I go to bed. I will get a vid next time.

My light is the UP Aqua led perfect amount of light imo.

light comes on at 3pm and out 9pm.

How long have you had yours Jeffro? Got any good pics of yours? I will sex it for you.

I leave the moon lights on all the time and besides that it get nothing but ambient lights. When I move him to the 29 I plan on using 2 36w pcs just for some macro growth. I'll be toeing the 29 to my 50 breeder setup as his home and a fuge.

I thing the cad 12 is a good idea just be careful he doesn't jump out. I've read they do escape sometimes in shallower tank eapeacialy.

This is tr best pic I have for now. If you can sex it that be great if not let me know why you need a pic of.

4b254945.jpg

Archived