Coral Vue Hydros

Baby Rock Flower Nems

seabass

020812a.jpg

At first, I thought they were flatworms (thread), so I removed hundreds of these. :( But now they look like baby anemones. We'll have to see if any grow into adults.

Awesome! Thinking back on it, did you see any sort of spawning event before all the 'flatworms' showed up? That must have been quite a show to produce hundreds of them.

I guess I don't recall anything specific.

Hmm...come to think of it, the tank might have gotten slightly cloudy around that time. However, I really didn't associate the event with anything in particular. :unsure:

I've fought lots of pests before, so I aggressively removed most of them. Now, I wish I hadn't of done that.

A few weeks ago I received in a shipment ( I work at a Petco) of rock anemones, and the bag was filled with baby nems. I rescued about a dozen and put them in a cup with a rock to isolate them in my main tank. With a bit of time they will grow and I'll prob sell them locally.

Builder Anthony

ya thats the last place in the world i would have checked 4 a desent price.i never even look at there stock becauses its uasualy double of what its worth

there all green?how many are left?see any bubbles on the tips of the big ones?

Unfortunately, I didn't identify them properly and lost almost all of them. The few remaining ones are still too small to see what color they will be. However, I have three neon green adults, which is what I'm guessing these will become. I'll have to look at the adults closer; I'll post some more pics if I can see any still attached to the adult. I'll try to get a better pic of one of the babies too.

Unfortunately, my tank's heater failed and the water dropped below 70ºF. This is causing everything a bit of stress. However, I have replaced it, and the temp is slowly coming back up.

• 1 month later...
Captain Hook
A few weeks ago I received in a shipment ( I work at a Petco) of rock anemones, and the bag was filled with baby nems. I rescued about a dozen and put them in a cup with a rock to isolate them in my main tank. With a bit of time they will grow and I'll prob sell them locally.

gotta love freebies from work lol

Archived