Pod Your Reef

Mikes WalMart Pico

michael P

Hello all Here is my Official WalMart Pico Entry

Everything is Stock as of right now, about 2 pounds of sand, and about a pound and a half to 2 pounds of live rock, Hand full of Cheato, Small Clean up crew, 2 Zoas , and some micro feather dusters.

R.I.P Falco Hawkfish

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0481.jpgPHOTO AS OF JAN 31st 2012 at the bottom

PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM

Here is the start to my WalMart Pico, just got the tank today after buying a cracked tank from WalMart and waiting for amazon ship me mine. Just the normal leak check Pic for right now off to my LFS to get Sand Rock and what ever else I see. More Pics tonight..

ScottKelly911
new FES/FTS got some rock and sand now to begin the cycle.

IMG_0400.jpg

Good Start Michael. Should be pretty awesome once it gets going. We've got a TON of great frags in the store right now, you should come look at them and they're pretty cheap too. Some pretty sick Acan frags! Let me know what you want and I'll hook it up! But so far, very nice start! I have some Chaeto in my 12 gallon reef that is teeming with pods, I can give you a clump to put in and let it seed your tank. That would be a good way to get the Live Rock and Live Sand really going.

Good Start Michael. Should be pretty awesome once it gets going. We've got a TON of great frags in the store right now, you should come look at them and they're pretty cheap too. Some pretty sick Acan frags! Let me know what you want and I'll hook it up! But so far, very nice start! I have some Chaeto in my 12 gallon reef that is teeming with pods, I can give you a clump to put in and let it seed your tank. That would be a good way to get the Live Rock and Live Sand really going.

Wow, really like the Tiki, I'm really going to follow your progress. Are you going to continue the Polynesian theme?????

Glad you are in the contest too. :)

Rob

Hello All,

Today I added some new things, nothing major. Crushed coral to the sand to keep it from flying all over the place, and some more live rock with a hitch hiker some kinda star fish not to sure yet its been hiding.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Sharkman..

Here are a few updates, cant find my camera charger so im left with crappy cell phone pics got a small clean up crew, a couple zooas, and a ton of featherdusters.

FTS

phone512.jpg

ZOOAS

phone515.jpg

DUSTERS

phone518.jpg

hey man i was wondering what brand of tank this is. thanks

Yeah there pretty cool, i will get some better pictures once i get my camera charger..
  • 3 weeks later...
Ooooooh! Looks like you have big plans for your tank! BTW, the January FTS page is now up, make sure to post your pic there as well.

Yes there is here is a little hint for everyone

IMG952303.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

new FTS AND FES going to be drilling soon for a sump well see how that goes. also picked up a Falco Hawkfish pretty cool little fish

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

Love that fish! How big does he get?? Gonna outgrow the tank eventually or do they stay relatively small? Ive been debating adding a fish to my tank, great choice! :D

Love that fish! How big does he get?? Gonna outgrow the tank eventually or do they stay relatively small? Ive been debating adding a fish to my tank, great choice! :D

From what I found out one day he will out grow the tank and he will move to my 29g or my 200g,

are you using the stock light? do people change it or does it work well?

Yeah its the stock light right now and its pretty nice.

• 4 weeks later...

So last week was a sad week in my little pico. my Falco Hawkfish has passed on. due to unknown reasons. He was fine and I had just fed him, he was all swimmy and darty like normal and then 4 or 5 hours later he was on his back in the sand :/ all water parameters were fine. even took a sample to my LFS that i trust and know just to double check. will be taking and posting new FTS and FES soon. and I have decided not to drill because i will be moving soon.

Archived