Pod Your Reef

IRONWORKER'S MINI REEF$$$$$

bsdryder7

So here we goooooooo i just got my Tom's 2 gal in today and thought i should document it a lil better than i have on my 28nc build thread lol.So lets start by saying i am really lucky i was even able to enter this contest since my wife isnt that big a fan i spend a lot of my time with my fish and corals lol.

I pretty much had to beg and told her that this tank is all hers and i wil do the work lol so i showed her MICRO_REEFS pico lol and told her she gets to pick out all the coral and what not .This was the only way to join the contest hahaha but im sure i will be able to steer her in my direction lol.

post-67380-1321119973_thumb.jpg

well i felt like having a blck backround so here are some pics of my handy work lol .....i wanted the backround and the lip on the bottom black i think it came out a little more trick then just the back .....it might be kinda hard to see in the pic but looks sweet in person ...

sorry dont know how to get all the pics on one post lol

ok so here is my 11/12/11 FTS

sorry foe the cloudy water it hasnt settled yet :)

post-67380-1321120357_thumb.jpg

post-67380-1321120543_thumb.jpg

post-67380-1321120736_thumb.jpg

well i felt like having a blck backround so here are some pics of my handy work lol .....i wanted the backround and the lip on the bottom black i think it came out a little more trick then just the back .....it might be kinda hard to see in the pic but looks sweet in person ...

sorry dont know how to get all the pics on one post lol

ok so here is my 11/12/11 FTS

sorry foe the cloudy water it hasnt settled yet :)

Looks great!!!! Glad you could talk the wife in letting you join the fun. :happydance:

not anything new yet still waiting for it to cycle but do you guys know if i add some rock from my DT tank or sand if that will speed up the cycle ??? i added ive sand and cured rock from my lfs so it shouldnt be that long but anyway

I DID GO TO THE BEST REEF STORE EVER IN ORANGE COUNTY CAL AND BOUGHT A SWEET RIC AND GRREN STRIPED SHROOM AND A FOX CORAL to add to my pico once it is cycled :)

man this store blows my lfs out of the water i could have spend hundreds if my wife wasnt with me hahaha

i think im going to change my scape and glue the three small rocks together to make something sweet >>>>

FTS TOMORROW

not anything new yet still waiting for it to cycle but do you guys know if i add some rock from my DT tank or sand if that will speed up the cycle ??? i added ive sand and cured rock from my lfs so it shouldnt be that long but anyway

I DID GO TO THE BEST REEF STORE EVER IN ORANGE COUNTY CAL AND BOUGHT A SWEET RIC AND GRREN STRIPED SHROOM AND A FOX CORAL to add to my pico once it is cycled :)

man this store blows my lfs out of the water i could have spend hundreds if my wife wasnt with me hahaha

i think im going to change my scape and glue the three small rocks together to make something sweet >>>>

FTS TOMORROW

What store??

What store??

I will have to check it out when I go home over Thanksgiving. :)

ya man it was unreal for me cause the few stores i have around me are like a 90 g DT tank so the whole store was just reefs and all diff kinds to.... he had the biggest colony of frogspawn i have ever seen ...it was like the size of two basketballs put together lol

SO has anyone thought of different media in there stock filter ??? would it be worth it to try filter floss or like to mod a bag of purgin or something ??

SO has anyone thought of different media in there stock filter ??? would it be worth it to try filter floss or like to mod a bag of purgin or something ??

I was thinking to fill it up with carbon from B.R.S. I cant remember which one it is, but either Chemipure or Purigen is really fine and you don't want to open the bag.

nice i was thinking the same i think im going to go with chem-pure elite as soon as im done with my cycle.....

another question***

should i do any water changes or should i ride it out ??? im not running any light at the moment

I was thinking to fill it up with carbon from B.R.S. I cant remember which one it is, but either Chemipure or Purigen is really fine and you don't want to open the bag.

So here is my FTS 11/18/11

sorry for the sideways pic lol :)

post-67380-1321669060_thumb.jpg

Dont do any waterchanges until your amonia and nitrites read zero and you have a bit of nitrates in the tank. Let the tank do its thing for awhile. Your scape looks pretty good, a lot of room for corals. Any plans on stocking yet?

lets see here .....

im thinking some zoa's , acans,ric's,gsp and maybe like a center piece (torch or frogspawn)

can that pc support a frog or torch ??

actually what can our standard pc light handle :)

lets see here .....

im thinking some zoa's , acans,ric's,gsp and maybe like a center piece (torch or frogspawn)

can that pc support a frog or torch ??

actually what can our standard pc light handle :)

I'm not really sure about the acans, frogspawn or torch. I would be more concered about the sweepers damaging other corals in the tank. In a tank as small as this, it would be difficult to keep other corals with anything with sweepers.

I'm not really sure about the acans, frogspawn or torch. I would be more concered about the sweepers damaging other corals in the tank. In a tank as small as this, it would be difficult to keep other corals with anything with sweepers.

good to know thanks.....

what type of fish can u put in here ???

good to know thanks.....

what type of fish can u put in here ???

I think that we will be limited to small gobies. I plan on waiting at least 4-5 months before i even start thinking about a fish. There is little room for error and i want to make sure the tank is absolutely ready when i add a fish.

Get the par38 or a par30 from boostled, you wont regret it. You can use both lights on the tank. The leds will do more than just keep higher light corals. They will make all of them brighter nd more colorful.

Archived