d0lph1n

I got these from Vivid as White Xenia and Blue Xenia. Please confirm:

White Xenia, sometimes, is pulsing:

DSC_7328.jpg

Blue Xenia:

No pulse so far:

DSC_7417.jpg

RayWhisperer

Both xenia. I've never seen blue xenia pulse, FWIW.

Anthelia is much (hmmmm, what's a good word) "leggier" than xenia.

Both xenia. I've never seen blue xenia pulse, FWIW.

Anthelia is much (hmmmm, what's a good word) "leggier" than xenia.

That's what I heard too, that Blue Xenia or Silvertip Xenia is not pulsing.

My english is not good at all. By leggier, do you mean longer legs?

RayWhisperer
That's what I heard too, that Blue Xenia or Silvertip Xenia is not pulsing.

My english is not good at all. By leggier, do you mean longer legs?

Xenia generally pulses more with lower flow (as was mentioned before). So, if it's still not pulsing any, try reducing the flow, or re directing it. The lower flow should encourage more pulsing.

As for the Anthelia. Yes. It certainly has longet stalks. It grows much taller than xenia. It also doesn't seem to form branching bases, like xenia does. Besides all that, it's polyps are much larger and more elongated than xenia is.

Here is a good example of how xenia has a thicker branching base.

http://reefrange.co.uk/pulse.php

Here is some small anthelia. Notice, the base is thin, without any branching. Also, the polyps are much more elongated and large.

http://www.aquariumslife.com/soft-coral/pu...anthelia-coral/

After reading those examples I'm more confused. I like your explanations better.

The white one is starting to have a leg already. Massive pulsing activity. The blue one doubled its size in the past days and I've seen some movement, pulse like movement but slower tempo compared with the other ones.

The bleu one was cut or spliced right before buying it. I thought it won't survive the double-trouble situation. Here are the latest photo updates:

Blue one without flash:

DSC_7417.jpg

With flash & MH 20000k, very similar to its natural color.

DSC_7420.jpg

White one under flash light & MH 20000k:

DSC_7419.jpg

Yeah it's xenia, the blue anthelia has a much longer stalk so it looks like this.

-------<

While blue xenia looks like this

-<

RayWhisperer

Well, I'm unable to describe it any better for you. Sorry. Trust us, they are both xenia. The blue xenia doesn't pulse, IME.

Well, I'm unable to describe it any better for you. Sorry. Trust us, they are both xenia. The blue xenia doesn't pulse, IME.

That's why I said I like your explanations better. Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it.

I'll try to record the movement I see in the Bleu Xenia, especially in the smaller polyps.

They look a bit POd imo. you could let them settle in and / or try lowering the flow.

Thanks for your advice. What do you mean by POD?

That's why I said I like your explanations better. Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it.

I'll try to record the movement I see in the Bleu Xenia, especially in the smaller polyps.

Thanks for your advice. What do you mean by POD?

Pissed off!

Archived