Coral Vue Hydros

BC 29 HQI and ecoxotic stunner strip placement

NTexas

Hello,

Has anyone attached the stunner strip to the HQI fixture? If so, how? The metal on my fixture gets so hot I dont know where it could stay without melting.

Thanks,

Hello,

Has anyone attached the stunner strip to the HQI fixture? If so, how? The metal on my fixture gets so hot I dont know where it could stay without melting.

Thanks,

Yes the front one fits in the recess in the HQI fixture....I just used 3m double sided tape and it fit perfectly there. The back one I had to attach using cable ties...I'm still trying to figure out a better way for that one.The effects are nice with the HQI on and the corals glow when the HQI is off.

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Thanks those are great pictures. So by the recess do you mean on the inside of the little metal edges on the front and back of the fixture? I noticed they get really hot when the HQI is on, no issue with this?

Thanks

Thanks those are great pictures. So by the recess do you mean on the inside of the little metal edges on the front and back of the fixture? I noticed they get really hot when the HQI is on, no issue with this?

Thanks

No outside right above the metal edge of the fixture that sticks out the farthest.Theres like a curve/recess there.The stunner strip fits right in there in front and sticks out just enough so the leds aren't blocked.The tape goes on the side, not top, of the stunner and just firmly stick it to the fixture. The back one won't fit the same way because the fixture support is in the way....so I used cable ties to hold it there. Been there for at least a month now...no heat issues although I do have a small fan that blows across the top.

Hope that helps.......

That description wasn't very good so I took another pic from the side and you can see how the stunner fits right in there. Also an overall pic so you can see the effect, the HQI is the phoenix 14k 150w:

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

I'm happy with the front placement, but I want to tidy up the back one a little, but the stunners are nice.

Archived