Innovative Marine Aquariums

My ADA MINI M brought back to life :)

Go Tigers!

Brought my ada mini m out of the closet this week . Time to make a pico reef !

Had a old coralife 18 watt fuge light that should work good for the time being .....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up a fluval c2 hang on filter , it seems like it will do a pretty good job . It's a five stage filter with a drip tray it's the best nano hang on filter i've found ....

light and filter ..it will be a tight little package..

I added a overflow to the hob filter that works really well, a very simple solution and cheap too ! I spent like five bucks for pvc and aquarium safe silicone ....

More pics

I still don't like the LR placement.......it's such a small tank going to have to take a minimalist approach to it ..... the grey LR has to go...

how big is the tank? you have 3 astrea in there, I'd recommend 1-2...2 for breeding.

why dont you like the gray rock? it will change color with time and coralline.

how big is the tank? you have 3 astrea in there, I'd recommend 1-2...2 for breeding.

I have three in there...I didn't relize they would breed !

The grey stone is base rock it just looks out of place . thanks for all the advise ! :)

Nice,im taggn along

It's 4.5 galof soon to be beauty ! lol

What type of lighting would you guys recomend ...? i have a pendant 150 watt 20 k mh i just don't know if it would be overkill on such a small tank ... :huh:

thesmallerthebetter
It's 4.5 galof soon to be beauty ! lol

What type of lighting would you guys recomend ...? i have a pendant 150 watt 20 k mh i just don't know if it would be overkill on such a small tank ... :huh:

not overkill if hung high and the heat is managed properly.

idk if it would work for you but ive been contemplating playing with those t2 fluorescents. might be worth a shot on a tank like this

not overkill if hung high and the heat is managed properly.

idk if it would work for you but ive been contemplating playing with those t2 fluorescents. might be worth a shot on a tank like this

I'll check them out tomorrow , today i saw a coralife fuge fixture that was 10 in wide with t5 bulbs super small

Cool you a emt in ca ? I'm an emt-iv in Memphis tn

Yeah I hopefully just got a job as an EMT-P with AMR in Riverside Co. That's cool man I wish we had EMT-I's in CA. How's memphis you runnin 911?

Yeah I hopefully just got a job as an EMT-P with AMR in Riverside Co. That's cool man I wish we had EMT-I's in CA. How's memphis you runnin 911?

There switching us to emt A's in the fall there expanding our scope of practice we'll be able to push narcan glucagon atrapine and a few others . Memphis is a violient place ...... job security ..... i run mostly medical calls and 1 or 2 codes a week . Going to emt-p school next spring :)

Up dated pics........

Up dated pics........

Nicee! I wish we had EMT-I's at A's in CA. Medic school shouldn't be hard for you at all with all that knowledge.

Tank looks clean! When are you going to put some coral in there?

Nicee! I wish we had EMT-I's at A's in CA. Medic school shouldn't be hard for you at all with all that knowledge.

Tank looks clean! When are you going to put some coral in there?

I'm going to let it cycle , probably going to wait till later next month valentiens day and all lol! I think i'm going to make a led light for it before i drop corals in it , i only have time lol

! I believe i'm goin to get a clown gobie sometime hopwfully i can find a green warpainted one..

in a tank and scape like that you NEED SPS branching stuff. they would look perfect in there. acropora, birdsnests, stuff to attach to the tops of the rocks and let them grow up into that free space at the top.

Also holy astrea snails, you think you got enough there? :lol:

in a tank and scape like that you NEED SPS branching stuff. they would look perfect in there. acropora, birdsnests, stuff to attach to the tops of the rocks and let them grow up into that free space at the top.

Also holy astrea snails, you think you got enough there? :lol:

I borrowed some more snails from a friend to combat the algae outbreak that is soon to come :) plan on keeping 2 . I haven't thought about sps or plating corals......my lfs has sps frags cheap! I've never kept sps...........are they tuff to grow -propagate -feed .....school me on some sps! :D

I borrowed some more snails from a friend to combat the algae outbreak that is soon to come :) plan on keeping 2 . I haven't thought about sps or plating corals......my lfs has sps frags cheap! I've never kept sps...........are they tuff to grow -propagate -feed .....school me on some sps! :D

No nonsense approach of course.

thesmallerthebetter

No nonsense approach of course.

sps are no more difficult than your sofites or lps with the proper equipment.

lighting: brighter = better

halide, leds, t5, however you do it make it powerful

flow: more = better, indirect, random turbulence is best, laminar is bad

key points:

keep calc around 440-480ppm

keep alk around 10-13dkh

0 phosphates

0 nitrates (or near zero)

feed indirectly (feed the fish or the lps corals, the sps will consume DOCs)

those are the basics, theres other stuff too, but with those guidelines you will be successful

thesmallerthebetter
Thanks !!!!! What kind of nano swirling pump would you recomend ?

well, in $$ is no object then the mp10 for sure haha

but any two power-heads positioned nicely will give the desired effect. :) or one powerhead + the HOB or return or whatever :P

koralia nano will work in the meantime as a sub for mp10. you jsut have to position it correctly in your tank.

By adding more snails from the start, when there is no algae, you are just fueling the problem that is to come, and that is a massive algal outbreak. Its best to start out with no snails or 1 if algae started to appear already. never overdo it becuase they all produce a lot of waste, lot of food for the algae. so in a vicious cycle they feed the algae to feed themselves. not something you actually want. I've seen ppl start a tank w/o snails and such and have minimal to no algae because there was little to fuel its growth....

Like mentioned hardy SPS are not hard to keep, you dont even need to feed. theyll grow fine, and survive until the days when you start feeding other, mobile inhabitants in your tank.

Archived