Top Shelf Aquatics

A little experiment ;)

evilc66

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what has 36 LEDs, draws 194W, and can throw 1500 PAR at 18" with a crisp 12K color temperature? :ninja:

Is it a 150W MH with 36 1.22 Watt LED's? ;)

1500 PAR?... does it come with sunscreen?

It should. Shades too B)

the Rockefeller Christmas Tree?

Nope.

White: cree XP-G

Blue: probably satistronics' 10W

Not quite.

something similar to this cannon-led-pendant-ecoxotic-1.jpg with a nanotuners logo on it? ha

- i know i'm way off

WAY better than that :)

a new nanotuners fixture? one that we can hang over our tanks and that may be able to be easily modded into a dimmable fixture?

Maybe :)

or something in this video: http://vimeo.com/18275403

Kind of. You get a glimpse of what the heatsink base is in there.

I think I know this, but I'm disqualifying myself :happy:

Yeah, you should.

36 high power leds with extremely narrow optics?

What if I told you that it seems to cover a 24"x24" area at a height of about 36"?

I'll tease you for a little longer. I'll post pictures and all the details this evening after work. Another teaser is that it produces about 300 PAR at 48" (measured in air of course).

With or without optics?

With

It's a laser

Nope. That would be pretty cool though.

I hope it's a late Christmas present that the Santa in the brown truck is bringing me

Not this time :)

sounds expensive.. 5w leds?.. 1500 par at 18"!!! Isn't that like almost 3 times as much par as you need at 6"..?

It's LED. Of course it is going to be expensive compared to other light sources. 1500 PAR @ 18" is pretty nuts. I can go higher if you want ;)

whatever it is....it sounds like itll cost an arm and leg or two

and i need my arms and legs thank you!

It's not that bad really once you see what it consists of. Sure, it's expensive compared to other lighting types, but save for a 1000W MH, what else is going to give you 1500 PAR @ 18"?

Archived