Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Akio's reef tank

Akiowalt

Hey everyone! This is my third tank. My first and second tank were crashed due to insufficient research and experience. Facing algae problem, coral died, bad water quality, poor lighting, and so on. And I learn through the journey, I never give up and start all over again.

FTS - 2010/10/31

20101031.jpg

FTS - 2010/11/28

20101128.jpg

FTS - 2010/12/18

20101218.jpg

FTS - 2011/03/12 ( Final )

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

From the left

DSC_0026.jpg

Right view

DSC_0035.jpg

more pictures

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Looking good, nice corals! What light are you using?

Thanks. Normal T5, one fixture is 10k 16watts + 16watts actinic blue, another one is 6 watts actinic blue x2.

Both China brand.

Looks nice.

Thanks ya.

Looks like all is well... How many gallons?

is 12" x 12" x 12" tank, 7.5 gallons?

burtbollinger

too many fish in the tank...return the second clown and the other fish. Seems borderline cruel and not fully thought out. tank looks nice otherwise.

too many fish in the tank...return the second clown and the other fish. Seems borderline cruel and not fully thought out. tank looks nice otherwise.

yes. Too crowd in my tank, they are all the survival from previous tank. Don't worry, I'm going to buy a bigger tank to host them. :)

Thanks. So far they don't fight for the food, I'm not worry about. -_-

Fighting for food isn't what worries people about overcrowding :) That's a small part of it but how about nutrient levels and such? Let alone space for the fish to have their own territory?

Looks good though! Just remember that nothing good happens overnight in this hobby.

Fighting for food isn't what worries people about overcrowding :) That's a small part of it but how about nutrient levels and such? Let alone space for the fish to have their own territory?

Looks good though! Just remember that nothing good happens overnight in this hobby.

I have no nitrate problem, so far ;) , since I set up the hang on fuge with chaeto and mangrove + 40% weekly water change. However, I can feel the couple of clown need much space for their own territory. I'm saving my credit now and will buy a bigger tank, together with chiller and LED lighting.

What kind of frag is that chillin on top of the mag float? is it just sitting there? Why? :huh:

Wow, you notice that. Is my GSP. I frag them and move to bottom now :D

Archived