SaltCritters.com

*Rozzies RSM* - Re-aquascaped *Pics*

Roz

Hello Everyone

I am so so lazy ... It's been 10 months since starting my first Marine tank, 10 months since I started visiting Nano-Reef daily...and I have only just made my tank thread :huh:

My tank has come along nicely with no disasters yet (Fingers crossed!) ;)

Tank: RSM 130D

Mods: Skimmer removed as useless!! LR doing a fantastic job as very mature (Was in prev tank for 10 years)

Flow: 2 Koralia

Livestock:

2 Firefish (Moody & Flame)

1 Clownfish (Kev) :wub:

1Yellow Watchman (Sunny)

2 Cleaner Shrimps

2 Blood Shrimps

2 Snails

Corals:

Toadstool leather

A Green and an Orange Ricordea

Neon Green Trumpet Coral

Pink Birdsnest

This is my first ever attempt and It has gone very well, with fish doing fine and corals growing quickly. I supplement with calcium weekly and feed the fish every other day with flakes and Mysis shrimp.

I also do a weekly water change of around 5 gallons and use Phosban and Carbon. Below are some pictures - starting with the original aquascape which looked good but was not very practical as the LR was so close to the glass.

The new aquascape has more 'Negative space' which gives the fish more room and looks prettier - but don't be fooled - all the live rock is still there - it's just 'behind the scenes' in the sump!

I had a bit of an algea problem for a while - but cutting down the hours of light, banishing the worst bits to the sump and using phosban has really helped and I seem to be on top of it now!!

Any feedback - please make constructive!! :)

post-50893-1292374422_thumb.jpg

post-50893-1292374538_thumb.jpg

post-50893-1292374602_thumb.jpg

post-50893-1292374731_thumb.jpg

Liked the valley scape. :(

Trying to grow grass? lol! It does look better algae-wise. I think you should change the scape back, but really all that matters is that you like it :)

I love the shrimp! There's so many of them :D Do they ever get aggressive?

& I had an algae problem too, took me months to fix. -shudders-

They aren't too aggressive but definately my biggest mistake with the tank was getting a bit over excited on my first livestock order.

I had to order the shrimps from a wholesaler so I hadn't seen them face to face, and was shocked at the size of them when they arrived. I really wasn't expecting them to be so large and on reflection getting 3 of each was just too much.

As a result one cleaner shrimp and one blood shrimp have died over the months since I got them - and that was probably down to territorial arguments because there just wasnt the space. I feel awful about it but I wont make the same mistake twice

Liked the valley scape. :(

Trying to grow grass? lol! It does look better algae-wise. I think you should change the scape back, but really all that matters is that you like it :)

Haha

Yeah I agree with you and Stevie the valley look was definately better but it was just so impractical - the rock was too close to the glass and led to some really bad algae build up and detrius build up in the 'dead zones'

The only solution would have been to squeeze everything inwards which would have lost the valley look and also made the rock unstable because it was doing a bit of a balancing act.

With the way its set now it is more structually sound which means I dont have nightmares about coming down in the morning and seeing the tank smashed because a snail dislodged the rock, lol

I will post a FTS soon which should show it off a bit better - it looks strange from the side

Archived