ReefCleaners.org

Skeeters 29 Biocube Mods Panorama LED, Mediabasket and Tunze

skeeters

I replaced all lighting with 4 panorama modules ( 3 white, 1 blue) and a led actinic strip. Took a BC 29 did the Intank mods with a media basket (floss, then purigen, then chemi-pure elite) and tunze skimmer. Thank God I found Stevie. Got snails from good ole John at reefcleaners.org and corals from mrcoral.com $10 section.

I do a 10% weekly water change with coral life salt. Feed mysid 3 times a week with cyclo-peeze and formula one pellets. Target feed the corals. No probs so far. Temp stays 78 during winter/summer due to leds and no heat. Just started dosing b-ionic.

I added a blue led stunner and a panorama led to the feeding lid. Adds more pop to the corals.

Some photos are blues only (blue panorama/actinic led strip).

full.jpg

jan24006.jpg

acro.jpg

jan24003.jpg

jan24005.jpg

jan24009.jpg

jan24010.jpg

jan24011.jpg

jan24012.jpg

jan24013.jpg

tank061.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

middle-1.jpg

side.jpg

top-1.jpg

Fish: bi-color blenny, sixline wrasse, 2 clowns.

Corals: All kinds of acans, blasto, candy canes, polyps,, sps, favia, dendro, monti and shrooms

Inverts: cleaner shrimp, emeralds, snails, blue legged hermits, serpent star.

Thanks to Intank, reefcleaners.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So when you add the other two panoramas will they be the 8000K/453 or will you mix them and get a 453 panorama? I'm wanting to get two panoramas for my 12g AIO but I don't know if I should mix them (2x 8000K/453 or 8000K/453 + 453) Any opinions are welcome.

I'm mixing them 2 8K/453 and one 453 in middle. total of three. i also have a blue stunner to add some more blue. the 8k/453 gives a great clear look to the corals. I personally think the shimmer is just as good as halide.

Cool, you'll have to do a write-up when you get everything in. I still don't know if I should mix them though... been searching the forum like crazy :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

The pano's are great. Everything is responding better. Actually the shrooms took awhile to adapt to the extra light.

The hawkfish never even looks at the shrimp. My last tank many years ago was the same.

my camera sucks. looks a lot better in person. not sure why led is so hard to photographic.

With 2 white/453, 1 453 and the actinic strip it is more blue. The first pic is with all lighting on.

I think 1 white/453 and 1 453 would look good. You could always add a white stunner if u didnt like the blue.

Good luck it's worth it. My tank stays 78. No heat at all which I swear my fans run better. I still run the fans to keep heat off the modules. Less evaporation, less power, no yearly replacements and the corals look totally different.

You will be happy.

Great. They are growing much faster and stay full during the day. The mushrooms actually had to adjust to the light but within 2 weeks they were fine. It was too much for them at first. My clam has grown over and inch in the last few months.

I was disappointed with the PC's. I would buy a coral which looked awesome and it looked like crap in my tank. Now I buy corals and they look exactly the same as the photo. They really pop.

Less energy, less heat and looks better.

More Photos:

jan24041.jpg

jan24042.jpg

jan24043.jpg

jan24044.jpg

jan24045.jpg

jan24046.jpg

jan24001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

skeeters, thanks this is helpful to me..I am considering the JBJ Nanocube for a mixed reef and retrofitting it right out of the box. It's a 12 gallon tank wonder if one module and a stunner will be too much or too little. I would take the same approach as you and retrofit the hood that the tank comes with, just not sure about the heat difference. I want to make this tank as maintenance free as possible, so looking to address evap with this. Hoping these will help. But mainly want good color.

I'm not sure about the nanocube but I left my fans going in my 29 gallon. They use to blow hot air with pc's but now blow cold air. Somedays I don't even have evap I swear. When I do it's maybe 1/2 cup.

I got 4 modules and a stunner on my tank. I have no problems keeping anything. So, 12 gallon is close to half so I would do 2 modules. One (8k,blue) and one all blue. You could easily do dusk to dawn like this. To me it would be a great look. If you like more white then do 2 8k/blue and one blue stunner for dusk/dawn. Either way it's less heat, less energy, corals pop and good growth.

Good luck.

Archived