Cultivated Reef

day 27 update on the picotope reef PICTURE!

new-b-reefer

Mr. Microscope

Cool. Those mushrooms look nice. What are you using for lighting? Is this the beginning of your tank thread? I thought I saw another thread for your picotope.

What's the deal with that hammer? Looks like one of its tentacles is sweeping out four or five inches long. I didn't think they could stretch out that much. Neato!

new-b-reefer
Cool. Those mushrooms look nice. What are you using for lighting? Is this the beginning of your tank thread? I thought I saw another thread for your picotope.

What's the deal with that hammer? Looks like one of its tentacles is sweeping out four or five inches long. I didn't think they could stretch out that much. Neato!

hello, thanks for the compliments :) the lighting i am using is the factory 9watt cf light that came with the picotope. and yes you have seen some of my other threads for this picotope. i have posted many, i gues it might be a good idea to post and continue on on thread rather than create new ones :) oops. and that hammer, yes it almost always has a sweeper out. always has since i bought it. it was originally in my NC28 but since it was a single head and i have so many other corals grown in, in the NC28, i figured it would be a nice addition to the picotope so it got moved to this lil tank :) the galaxy below it also has some pretty crazy sweepers that come out of it too. i think the 2 corals are in competition ;) and thanks for the compliments on the mushrooms. i like them, those dark purple ish ones are pretty new, the green ones also got moved from my NC28 sice they already spread a couple around in that tank too :) its my way of fragging. put a small frag in, let it spread and multiply, and then move the original little frag rock to another tank to spread again :D

Archived