Cultivated Reef

Teezy's BC14

Teezy

TEEZY'S BC14

CURRENT - June 2010

DSC00429.jpg

Ever since I was a little girl, I loved fish. From what started as a small 2 gallon freshwater aquarium with a little goldfish has now become a very neat, and very expensive, little hobby. Mind you, I'm only a freshman in college and I thank my lucky stars everyday that I have a job, and that job happens to be at a LFS.

Up until I started working there, I really didn't know anything about how to maintain a saltwater tank. I'm still learning the ropes.

I started my tank up in March 2010.

EQUIPMENT

Oceanic BioCube 14 gallons

Stock pump

Stock lighting (hopefully soon to change to something better)

Caribsea Fiji Pink Live Sand

20 lbs Live Rock

MODS

Removed bioballs

Added a Koralia Nano, but took it out because it blew too much around with the way my rocks are.

CLEAN UP CREW

Bumblebee Snail x2

Astrea Snail x3

Nassarius Snail x3

Mexican Turbo Snail x2

Red Hermit Crab x4

INVERTS

Cleaner Shrimp - Mr. Shrimp (try picturing him in a top hat with a cane and bowtie)

FISH

Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish x2 - Lola and Leo

Indigo Dottyback - currently nameless

CORALS and ETC

Green Bubble Tip Anemone

Blue Xenia

Pulsing Xenia

Frogspawn

Red Australian Acan

Zoanthid

Blastomussa

Mushroom

Plate Coral

Pipe Organ

Feather Duster

Thanks.

Suggestions are appreciated.

I'm really considering getting the lighting mod from nanotuners. The nanocustom 3.24. Anyone had any experience with this? Is it hard to set up? I'm not really DIY savvy, but I can read a manual.

Also, considering getting a splitter for my output pump. One of those Y pieces. Can't think of the name right now. Good idea? Bad idea? I had a Koralia nano, but it was just a bit too much for me.

• 6 months later...

Archived