Cultivated Reef

lgreen's ADA 60-P

lgreen

lgreen's ADA 60-P

Est. 4.21.10

Current FTS

20100610-puk3bw3c2u9ur2cqgbwbe3wupr.jpg

System Status

• 5.1.10 Hydor inline heater arrived today. Fedex attempted delivery of my new light, but I wasn't home to sign for it, so hopefully Monday I'll have it.
  • 4.28.10 New live rock in the tank! Ordered the Hydor heater. Might head to Home Depot tonight to get the stuff to mount the light.
  • 4.27.10 MP10 and Eheim canister installed. Live rock comes tomorrow!
  • 4.20.10 EcoTech MP10 ES & Arag-Alive Sand ordered. Scheduled to arrive 4.26.10
  • 4.19.10 Leak test & added salt. Specific gravity = 1.023, temp = 78.2 F

System Summary

• Tank: ADA 60-P (18g)
  • Lighting: 150w Aqua Medic Spacelight EX w/ XM 15k bulb
  • Circulation: Ecotech Marine VorTech MP10 ES
  • Live Filtration: 12 lbs. Premium Aquatics Nano Rock, 20 lbs. Caribsea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand (1.5" deep)
  • Mechanical/Chemical Filtration: Eheim Ecco 2232 Canister filter w/ Lily Pipe Intake & Return, Carbon
  • Heating: Hydor ETH 200 In-line Heater
  • Water: RO/DI w/ D-D H2Ocean Pro Salt, Refractometer
  • Controller: Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Lite

Livestock

• Fish: TBD
  • Invertebrates: TBD
  • Corals: TBD

Additional Photos

20100421-njyuim6wbp8h7dppbbbggq9me8.jpg

20100421-n67376rs23cx2ndjcs9sy1n5ks.jpg

20100421-dig7y6ic26pk7es8rjctq8kth.jpg

20100421-8nnf52kdyw6ti819g3pbd7i28.jpg

More to come!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NaClCrocodile

Guys, where can I get my hands on these? I've seen one website but couldn't find this model on it.

Are these similar to GreenLeaf tanks? They're local and I know that I like them. Thinking of replacing my 10G...

Sweet tank!

Stocking plans?

Not sure. Probably a little bit of everything.

What happened to the one you drilled?

Never drilled it. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

On another note, I'm not terribly impressed with live rock I received from Premium Aquatics today. Normally their nano rock is amazing, but what I received today was pretty disappointing. Like 2/3 of it was this flat weird garbage base rock that I couldn't even really use. I managed to stack it in, but really I'm not happy with the aquascaping. I emailed them about it a few minutes ago, so maybe we can work something out.

Looks nice Loren. Can't wait to see it progress. I like where it sits between the furniture like that.

Thanks. I like it there too. It's cool being able to see all 4 sides of the tank.

I love watching these ADA's take off... Looks great so far!

i'ma get me a 45c soon!!! :naughtydance:

Thanks. Sweet! Good luck.

When are you adding your light, heater, circulation, etc?

I did not include them in the picture, but temporarily there is a Jager 50w heater and two koralia 1's. The koralias will be replaced w/ the mp10 on monday and the jager heater w/ an inline heater once funds are available to order the canister/in-line heater/lily pipes.

Would anyone be willing to provide some feedback on the rock/aquascaping? Premium Aquatics is willing to completely replace the rock. That is extremely generous of them and so I don't want to do it unless completely necessary, as it will cost them quite a bit of money to do with shipping.

I like the scape! Is there enough rooms for lots of corals though?

Are you adding live sand? How deep?

Thanks. Yes, I've got a 20lb bag of arag-alive special grade reef sand due to be here monday. Should come out at around 1-1.5" deep.

And yes, there is plenty of room for coral :

Needs more or larger pieces of rock IMO. I would almost consider that rubble. I like what you did with it though :)

This makes two posts today where I've agreed 100% with what Jason has said. Great minds... I guess.

Archived