Hi everyone,

FTS 5/13/2010

4604853407_8771345216_o.jpg

Day 1 FTS

4529605187_e4b121fe7c.jpg

Here's the specs for my new tank:

Tank: ADA 60-P 18 gallon (24x12x14) w/ high clarity glass

Equipment:

Aqua Medic Spacelight EX 1x150 watt (20K XM HQI bulb)

Azoo 50 watt titanium heater

Vortech MP10 w. Ecosmart Driver

Live rock:

8 lbs of Sealife inc. uncured live rock

6 lbs of cured fiji premium live rock

10 lbs of fiji pink live sand

Livestock so far:

Ocellaris Clownfish

Tongan Fighting Conch

Trochus snails

Cerith snails

Astrea and Ninja star snails

Orange Montipora Capricornis

pom pom xenia

Notable hitchhikers seen so far:

feather dusters

yellow encrusting sponges

tunicates

yellow porites

green palythoa colony

mussel

halimeda

mini brittle stars

xenia crab

Biological filtration is the sole filtration method utilized for this tank. No supplementary filtration (skimmer, refugium, gfo, etc) is provided, nor will it be added unless I find it is absolutely needed later on. So far, strong, random flow provided by the MP10, intense lighting, high quality live rock, and weekly 25% water changes has provided great results.

Future plans:

Rather than buying several different frags, I'm thinking about adding just 2 or 3 of my favorite corals and allowing them to grow out and dominate the tank. After being in this hobby a while, I realized I'm happiest with my tanks when they stay simple.

Stay tuned: more pics to come!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool tank bro, but it needs more water. :lol:

Hahah yes. When I ordered the mp10 i had no idea how powerful it would be so i didn't fill the tank all the way up to the brim ;)

Looks great love the aquascape!

Rehype, I think i will name my clownfish "snookie" just cause I love your avatar. I won't be punching it in the face though :lol:

Rehype, I think i will name my clownfish "snookie" just cause I love your avatar. I won't be punching it in the face though :lol:

:lol:

Looks great! Your bulb looks way bluer than mine does, I may have to go with an XM bulb next.

Thanks! Yeah I was actually pretty surprised at how good the xm looks. The bulb gives a really crisp, clean white-blue color..substantially bluer than the old ushio 20k I used to use.

I like your rocks. Some SPS will look fantastic growing on there.

Thanks! ill be getting a few frags in this weekend. can't wait... :)

i'm liking the aquascape. you have any ideas on what kind of corals you want to be growing in your tank?

i'm liking the aquascape. you have any ideas on what kind of corals you want to be growing in your tank?

Thanks! I'm planning on this being an SPS tank

ADAs are so beautiful

I agree... the attention to detail that went into making these tanks is incredible and totally worth the cost imo

4552910444_981b408652.jpg

Hi all, some new pics:

FTS with a new orange montipora capricornis frag (it appears my bulb has burned in to its true color)

4561319207_187ab4f146_o.jpg

Angled FTS

4561955488_18521dba8e_o.jpg

My clownfish curiously inspecting a new brittle starfish. The star came on the montipora frag and I rescued it before I dipped the coral.

4561371605_05a865f7ca_m.jpg

Archived