SaltCritters.com

My 7.5g Mr. Aqua cube!

Clavius85

About two months ago I ordered a JBJ 3g Picotope and planned on setting it up. However, I eventually ended up trading it for some frags. But now I have the urge to start another tank and I'm going to put this one in my bedroom.

Equipment:

7.5g Mr. Aqua 12x12x12" rimless cube

Coralife 12" PC fixture (2x18w)

Aquaclear 30 HOB filter

50w Stealth heater

1 Koralia Nano

Rock will be approximately 10lbs of Reefcleaners dry rock seeded with some live rock from my Solana. I plan on putting my annoying Peppermint Shrimp in this pico and maybe at some point a Yellow Clown Goby.

I'll put pictures up when I receive the tank and light!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

Awesome find. I didn't know there were any affordable rimless cubes out there. Good luck. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I prefer the cubes. Straight defined edges are more appealing to me for some reason. The curved glass one just looks like a larger picotope.

I prefer the cubes. Straight defined edges are more appealing to me for some reason. The curved glass one just looks like a larger picotope.

+1

I'm not a fan of bowfronts to be honest.

I just switched from my picotope to a 5.5g AGA 2 weeks ago. Curse you for coming here and showing me a cube that has 2 gallons more volume and looks way cooler <_< MUST RESIST TEMPTATIONS

I have the same tank that I'm using for a freshwater planted tank. It came very well packed. It had a top and bottom cardboard cap and rested on injected foam. That's not to say that the shipper won't find a way to break it.

Can't wait to see your salt setup.

Thanks for the info on the tank, I was about to make a mistake and buy and used tank that I was about to modify. The 18x18x18 Aqua Cube its its just perfect

Tank was delivered today. Hopefully it's in one piece. Pictures when I get home from work.
westcoastreefer84
I need to paint the back black, but here's what it will look like with all the equipment on it.

IMG_1418.jpg?t=1269654298

nice cube!!! drill that sucka!!!! thats some thick glass just screamming for a hole saw!!!

ThrivingNanoTang
nice cube!!! drill that sucka!!!! thats some thick glass just screamming for a hole saw!!!

Oh baby, drill my holes? :naughtydance:

I just received my light. I'm disappointed that it didn't come with any mounting legs. That's really kind of pathetic not to include them. But, the light fits on the tank snugly without them so I don't think I'll order the legs.

IMG_1420.jpg?t=1269707917

IMG_1422.jpg?t=1269707933

everything looks awesome so far. i like these tanks alot and was thinking about going with it but opted out because i didnt want to use the coralife fixture... so i went with the ugly 5.5g aga. I could of waited and used leds or something but didnt feel like waiting :lol: perhaps i can still get one and make a cool freshwater... anyways i will be following along with this. cant wait to see what you do with it! i got an AC30 as well and am wishing I would have got the 70 so i could hide the heater. are you planning on modding yours in anyway?

fits snugly or not, that coralife is going to raise your tank's water about 4 degrees or even more. it gets reaaly hot. I would know cuz I use it on my 3 gal pico :D

you may need the mounting legs after all.

fits snugly or not, that coralife is going to raise your tank's water about 4 degrees or even more. it gets reaaly hot. I would know cuz I use it on my 3 gal pico :D

you may need the mounting legs after all.

Yeah I've read that they can get hot. I may order the legs that allow you to flip the fixture up. But I've also read that you can change the bulbs out for Current bulbs. So I'll look into doing that.

lol I believe the current USA bulbs help a little, but they didnt help me much. its still fairly hot on my pico.

either somehow suspend that light or use the legs, its up to you :D

Archived