Top Shelf Aquatics

Jonny's 34 Gallon bedroom Solana -

jonny roks

Hey all, Figured its time to share my tank. Anyways, I have been in the hobby around 4 years. This is my first reef tank. Approximately 7 months or so old. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Theres around 70LBS of liverock, some tonga, figi and mixed.

EQUIPMENT

34Gallon SOLANA

TRIM KIT

JBJ STAND

REEF KEEPER LITE

KORALIA 1

LED FIXTURE

2 POWERBRITE ACTINIC LED STRIPS

TUNZE 9002 W/ STEVIE T COLLECTION CUP

LIVESTOCK

2 GRADE B PICASSOS

1 SIXLINE WRASSE

1 YELLOW TANG [i know, was a bad decision from the start but i have been trying to get him out for over a month now]

BLOOD SHRIMP

CUC

FEATHER DUSTER

CORALS

XENIA BLUE AND PINK

CANDY CANES

LIME GREEN TORCH

TOADSTOOL

PALYS

ZOAS

GSP

ACANS

and more

They are ok, they are hard to mount with a nova extreme pro. Definitely would require some diy mounting. They do add shimmer too the tank which is nice but I think there are better options then them because they are purely for looks and not for par. I am in the process of deciding on doing 2 strips of 3 royal blue LEDs. 1 for each side of the nep. Or buying one of those reef Brite 24" actinic strips - not sure

Johnny I love your rock scape very nice, if you could would you post some picks of the lighting strips you are using with you Nova pro, I have the same set-up and would love to do just that.

thanks

• 1 month later...
jonny roks

Here are some updated pictures of the tank with the trim kit off. I love the option to have it on or off. My photo skills aren't too good but the tank is looking great.

I run the powerbrites around 10 hours. The Actinic leds for 7 and the Whites for around 4 hours. They are very strong for this tank and corals are slowly adjusting too the fixture.

I had ordered a par 38 for my girlfriends fluval edge but i didn't end up using it. I mounted it on a swingarm fixture next to my tank and mounted it too see if i would like it for additional light. Anyways, I'm not going to keep it. Theres no need since my lights are more than enough light.

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived