Cultivated Reef

diy led pendants

GreyFox

img0321g.jpg

the tank

img0320pw.jpg

and the fixture so far.

I'm still waiting on my led's in the mail, but this is what i was able to accomplish without the most necessary pieces :/

instead of using that wild acrylic stuff i chose for a much more simple wood box to hold my heat sink and suspend my lights. Oak is awesome :)

img0324ff.jpg

img0325p.jpg

img0326r.jpg

I purchased the heat sinks off of ebay. Its really difficult to find cheap heat sinks in canada apparently :P

img0323sx.jpg

The plan right now is to run 2 strings of 12 led's, 1 string for each heat sink. 6 cw and 6rb for each sink.

2 Mean Well LPC-35-700W drivers will be used to power my beasts.

im still trying to figure out an easy way of making it so i can connect and disconnect the power from the lights at the fixtures its self. M@rine_lover uses what i am referring to

cee0a837.jpg

im wondering where i would be able to pick up some of these connectors and what a proper name for them is?

lights have arrived, needa pick them up from the post office after 5 >_<. I will have more pictures tonight, and hopefully some pictures of the completed project

lights mounted wiring begins

img0333h.jpg

i like the way you wired the bottom panel not the top though looks like its haphazard, from the pics it looks like they are not spaced evenly either might affect how it looks over the tank not sure though

these are gonna be hung about 2 feet above the tank so hopefully that will help with color blends

also the two leds that are shifted down were done so i had room for wiring rca plugs

this string of 4 leds is also in string with the 6 on the other panel

arctic alumina, just thermal adhesive i got with my order from rapidled. Its working well so far.

the wiring on the first panel is also goofed around because 2 of the leds were fried from me being dumb.

img0338p.jpg

the blues are blue

img0337g.jpg

the whites are white

and i think I'm blind XD

project is almost complete just needa wire up the other driver :)

Archived