Cultivated Reef

The Acro Haven + Ricordea Garden

Nemo Niblets

NEW TANK! Got it at a steal and couldn't resist.

Tank: Nanocube 28

Light: 250w DE Lumenmax 3 HQI w/ Icecap 250w ballast and EVC 20k 250w bulb as of March 17, 2010

Skimmer: Warner Marine H1 HOB

Flow: Two Maxi-jet 1200s for return, and 1 Vortech MP10.

30 lbs. Fiji Pink, 20lbs. Fiji Pick premium, making a 3.5-4 inch sandbed.

30 lbs. Rock

PLANS

SPS dominated reef... Monti caps on the back right corner, acros everywhere I can cram, with ricordeas and zoas on the lower rockwork. A couple things on the sandbed, but not much to clutter it up. I wanted more of a bonsai, clean look but it was too difficult. :P

I'm going to go with a bluespot jawfish, two clowns, and maybe a one or even a pair of blennies of diver's den.

FTS 5-13-10

DSC03061-1.jpg

FTS 4-25-2010

DSC02604.jpg

FTS 3-21-10

vxkdwz.jpg

FTS 3-4-10 (Corals moved + added)

DSC01015.jpg

FTS 2-22-10

DSC00774.jpg

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MP10 B) Can you see the pods on the glass?

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

Bottom Left

DSC00777.jpg

Left Side (The monti's are temporary, need to break them up and glue em on the back wall)

DSC00793.jpg

Right Side

DSC00792.jpg

Ric garden (To be filled)

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

Pink Digitata (On the sand temporarily)

DSC00788.jpg

Chalice (Ready to grow)

DSC00789.jpg

Green Slimer

DSC00790.jpg

Local frag swap today... thank goodness I've been saving up for a while... :)

Needs to be organized. I had too much to do today after the swap, so they are just sitting on the sand.

Blue Boa Aussie Echinata from Wet Thumb Frags (Yes, the real deal!! I can't believe I found one. The structure of these is amazing.)

DSC00887.jpg

Efflo. Can't get the pretty green color with my camera... no clue why. So much nicer in real life.

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

Aussie Valida, purple w/ green tips. From wetthumbfrags.

DSC00873.jpg

Acro. Forgot the name... Horrida? I'll remember eventually. It looks like it's gonna color up.

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

Maxima from Wet Thumb Frags

DSC00855.jpg

Crocea from Reefkoi (The top down shot of this thing is so much nicer.. couldn't get one though :))

DSC00845.jpg

Also, I got 15 ricordeas, two acans, some zoas, and two tiny watermelon chalices. More pics tomorrow.

I didn't know you got another tank. I thought when you said nanocube, I just thought you were referring to an old tank before your biocube. It's looking pretty good. Those are some nice acros you just added. You're off to a faster start than I am. How'd you get it to cycle so fast? You already have two clams in there. Did you get that crocea that's on reef koi right now that's marked sold out? I am wondering how long to let my tank cycle before I start adding. It's not really a new tank. I just cleaned it up. I was going for a bonsai, cleaner less cluttered look too but I couldn't resist adding more rocks. More rocks, more room for stuff.

Anyway good start. Can't wait to see it develop.

I didn't know you got another tank. I thought when you said nanocube, I just thought you were referring to an old tank before your biocube. It's looking pretty good. Those are some nice acros you just added. You're off to a faster start than I am. How'd you get it to cycle so fast? You already have two clams in there. Did you get that crocea that's on reef koi right now that's marked sold out? I am wondering how long to let my tank cycle before I start adding. It's not really a new tank. I just cleaned it up. I was going for a bonsai, cleaner less cluttered look too but I couldn't resist adding more rocks. More rocks, more room for stuff.

Anyway good start. Can't wait to see it develop.

Well I got all the LR from the LFS I work at... the rock is super established and I hadn't had a tank thread for the first month of it's life. So it's pretty stable.

Reefkoi was at the frag swap so I got some great deals. I was going for a bonsai-ish look, but it was just too hard. The rock isn't a normal rock wall though, and theres lots of room for SPS. The best SPS tanks don't really have special aquascape either, just a couple mounds. If I was doing LPS and softies I woulda scaped it different.

nemoniblets.jpg

lookin good. looks like you went crazy at nextwave haha. I'll post a tank journal soon!

Yeah, i did... Can't wait. You got the Neo Nano right?

nemoniblets.jpg

Check out my new sig! Violinist did it for me. He's the jank.

Just to clarify, that is NOT my baby.

I love the shape of the rock. This tanks has a ton of potential. Looking forward to seeing future progress. Where did you get your rics from? Really nice!

I love the shape of the rock. This tanks has a ton of potential. Looking forward to seeing future progress. Where did you get your rics from? Really nice!

Reef pets and coral universe. I like the shape too. I just glued the efflo to the rock and some monti caps. Still have some rearranging to do. I'll get an updated FTS soon.

You found the photo of my child!

This thread needs a FTS shot...

I'll trade my acans for your baby!

WHat is up with that baby?Tank is looking good.Need a new FTS

The baby is the bomb.

The tank is too cluttered for a FTS. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. Need to organize and glue the corals, etc.

Over 30 rics now :)

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

I positioned this efflo so it can continue to table outwards.. Much brighter green in real life..

DSC00903.jpg

Purple monti digitata. I split a colony with a reefer... only 25 bucks for this big piece. This was the duller half, but it'll color up quick.

DSC00905.jpg

MONTI CAPS!!

DSC00906.jpg

Archived