Coral Vue Hydros

ADA Mini-L 8.8G

soymilk

I had a itch, that I had to scratch. I'm a saltwater nub, but after looking at everyone's reef setup. I just had to get me one. Was trying to get another tank in the bedroom, but the wifey shot that down quick.

My only choice left.... Nano/Pico

So here we are...

ADA mini-L

10lbs live sand

10lbs live rock

Day #1 New tank

788704384_PkxKU-L.jpg

Day #2 New Sand and Live Rock

788705116_5x9gv-L.jpg

+5 hours

788705360_5nUMh-L.jpg

Day #3 Clear Water + New Toy

788705680_XcGEF-L.jpg

788705935_QzYT6-L.jpg

Little bit of rescaping

788706182_hM3Ms-L.jpg

I just rescaped it again. I'm just not happy with what it looks like. If anyone got any tips or criticism, don't hesitate to let me know. No plans on any fish in there, just coral and cuc. The wife wants nemo..... but yea...

Here's the tank under some leds lights.

788746537_6xRm8-L.jpg789253813_vVL3C-L.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy the rockwork you have there. can't wait to see some corals grow into it. Just wondering but what kind of corals are you planning on keeping in that tank?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the compliments guys

I just have some softies in there right now, gotta wait til see if i can get my DIY light up before i start planning more about what corals I can get.

I'll try to get a new fts shot when i can.

802641712_PRfF6-M.jpg

• 1 year later...
billthedrill

What filtration are you running? Im planning a 7.5g of my own and considering filter options...

Is it just a HOB filter? If so... is it modded?

• 1 year later...
I hate when that happens :/

Nice tank (ADA!), nice scape, top of the life powerhead, *gets excited*, then...

*poof*

I know, right? I was subscribed and when I got an e-mail today, I'm like "what? i don't remember following that :huh:"

Such a gorgeous scape (may it rest in peace? -_-:mellow: )

I know, right? I was subscribed and when I got an e-mail today, I'm like "what? i don't remember following that :huh:"

Such a gorgeous scape (may it rest in peace? -_-:mellow: )

So, are these disappearing tanks just quietly aborted and taken down? Or do their owners simply stop frequenting nano-reef.com?

So, are these disappearing tanks just quietly aborted and taken down? Or do their owners simply stop frequenting nano-reef.com?

That's a good question. It's sad, either way.

I get the one-year itch, always wanting to go in a slightly different direction(right now it's mixed reef ---> LPS/Anemone; mostly because I've been reefing for three years now, and after trying everything, have found those come really easy to me, but not SPS and I have a failure-to-flurish problem with most softies). So I'd be guilty of the same thing/moving to a new thread :P

What about you?

That's a good question. It's sad, either way.

I get the one-year itch, always wanting to go in a slightly different direction(right now it's mixed reef ---> LPS/Anemone; mostly because I've been reefing for three years now, and after trying everything, have found those come really easy to me, but not SPS and I have a failure-to-flurish problem with most softies). So I'd be guilty of the same thing/moving to a new thread :P

What about you?

Well, I looked at the OP's profile to see his last post, and it appears that he hasn't posted in a while, so who knows. I hope all is well with him, though.

Does "mixed reef" mean LPS/Anemone? I've only been into this stuff since April, and I kinda feel a bit ADD about the whole thing. I started with a 12g, then added a 6g, then a 5g QT, then a 10g QT. Then I decided that I wanted to combine my 12g, 6g and the fish in QT, so I got a 40B ($1/gallon sale, also bought a 20L as a QT). At this point, it's fish, inverts, and a few corals (Duncan, Candy cane, Mushroom, Kenya Tree). I accidentally bought a fish that isn't reef safe (it's now in limbo in the 20L). And I'm not happy with the 40B. Anyway, all that to say that I kinda feel like I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff :/ Oh, I forgot to mention my 2g Spec. It's a sickness...

Archived