Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

34g PAR38 SPS Tank

fmfa0801

I recently purchased a CADLight 39g Signature series system. It came with 150W MH with 2 T5, 2 T5 light fixtures, Barely used skimmer and a box full of goodies. It was on Craigslist for $300 with sand, coral, water and fish but I offered $260 with no fish, sand, water, coral. The seller came back at $220 Sweet B) So getting this home I was deciding on what to do with it. I have a BioCube 14g and was going to take that down after the 39g cycled and set this one up. I ordered the CADLight 12g refugium ($125) and there aquarium stand ($135) that holds it underneath. My plan it to remove the false wall and refugium on the back of the tank so I get a full 39g display instead of a 34g display & 5g refugium. I bought a hang on overflow box ($59). I will be using my 150W hanging MH off my BioCube for this tank. TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)20" x (H)20".

http://www.cadlights.com/

While Im waiting on the order to go through CADLights I started to remove the false wall and glass dividers on the back of the tank. Not the best pics taken with iphone.

Ripping everything out

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

I dont know why they put the return at the bottom?? It will blow the sand

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok my sump and stand is coming in the mail friday. I picked up a Rio 2100 return pump, aqueon 700 GPH power head with limited lifetime warrenty and smaller than the koralias PH, mud, overflow 1" hose and sock filter.

Ok only my sump came in today NO stand WTF. UPS stated they didnt recieve it. CADlights stated they picked both sump and stand up at the same time.

So we will see how CADlights handles this. Been waiting 3 weeks with problems. I will be expecting them to over night me a new stand. Ill keep you guys posted on when CADlights calls me back.

Ok I talked to CADlights. They stated that have to drop packages off at a warehouse. Other shippers drop there packages off here too. The area that CADlights and other shippers are in have to drop off packages here because that is the only spot UPS picks up around them. So one of the workers that works in this wharehouse did not let my stand that CADlights is sending me due to being too heavy for UPS. CADlights said that the stand is not too heavy for UPS and they can ship it. So now CADlights arranged for it to be shipped by UPS. They will be emailing me another tracking # . CADlights said that they will refund all my shipping cost. SO Im not getting next day mail but im getting some $$$$ back which isnt too bad :bling:

that's pretty cool -- shipping costs are prohibitive with these things. good luck with receiving it in one piece!

Yea i know. At least the sump was not broken

A few quick pics before bed. Water is still a lil cloudy. 20k bulb so sorry its soo blue color. What do you think of the Rock scape?????

t6.jpg

t7.jpg

t8.jpg

t4.jpg

t3.jpg

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

• 1 month later...

4/22/2010

Livestock:

1 Shrimp

2 Grade A Picasso Clownfish

1 Pygmy Angel

3 Chromis

1Black Strip Curcus Goby

Coral:

Zoas

2 RBTA (one Bleached)

1 Monti

Sorry pics taken with iphone

IMG_1005-1.jpg

IMG_1006-1.jpg

IMG_1007-1.jpg

IMG_1009-1.jpg

IMG_1010-1.jpg

IMG_1012-1.jpg

IMG_1013-1.jpg

IMG_1014-1.jpg

IMG_1015-1.jpg

IMG_1016-1.jpg

IMG_1017-1.jpg

IMG_1018-1.jpg

IMG_1019-1.jpg

IMG_1020-1.jpg

IMG_1001-1.jpg

i cant wait for my 3rd and final par38 for my solana. how high did you mount yours?

I didnt measure lol. Im starting off where I have it then move it down in like a week bc the light is spilling over the tank

Do you have 2 12k and 1 20k par38 lamps?

I didnt measure lol. Im starting off where I have it then move it down in like a week bc the light is spilling over the tank

Are you putting SPS in this? I also see that you have some of the barnacles and rock up above the water line. Are you thinking about putting some crabs in there?

Archived