inTank Media Baskets

Curry's 30 Long - Now with 45% moar Eel

Curry02

Thought I would share some details and pics of my 30 gallon long.

Pics of coral on page 5 &6

Pics of DIY PVC Overflow and DIY Sump on page 7

Tank:

- 30 Gallon AGA Long

- 20 Gallon AGA Sump

- Neptune Systems Apex 3

Lighting:

- 4 x 39W T5HO (3 ATI Blue+ and 1 ATI Special Blue)

Flow:

- MP10

- Koralia 2

- Hydor 320 seltz return pump

- DIY PVC Overflow

Filtration:

200 micron CPR sock

Carbon in a reactor

Eshopps PSK-75 in sump skimmer

Chemipure Elite

Custom Sump with refuge

Heating/Cooling:

- Jager 75W heater

- Jager 100W backup heater

- 3 PC Fans rigged up for cooling.

Bio-Filtration: 30 Lbs of Live Rock

Coral:

Couple of pink zoas

Green Chalice

Everything else died after the neomeris invasion.

Fish:

1- Snowflake Eel

1- Clown Fish

1- Royal Gramma

1- Coral Beauty

1- Stripped Goby

1- Pajama Cardinal

1- Lemonpeel Angel

Inverts:

40 Dwarf ceriths

8- Nassarius Vibex

6/24/11

FTS_6_24_11.jpg

2/14/11

DSC_1424.jpg

Original FTS

P5220813.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some pics of the old tank.

I actually just had to buy more rock for the tank so I had to try to do some scaping... i think it looks ok... let me know what you guys think...

P2160401.jpg

P2160388.jpg

P2160392.jpg

P2160397.jpg

P2070063.jpg

P2090089.jpg

P2100098.jpg

P2060052.jpg

P2060048.jpg

P2050023.jpg

P2050022.jpg

P2050021.jpg

P2050020.jpg

P2060041.jpg

P2060038.jpg

P2070061.jpg

scape looks much better, always been a fan of arch overhangs too. looks good, ill be watchin for updates

Thanks! Hopefully the next update includes some more coral and another critter or two. =)

hurricanefan1281

Nice tank! what lights do you have. i know it says on top but i am looking to get a tank like this and im trying to find good lights.

I like your gobies. Aquascaping looks nice! :)

Nice tank! what lights do you have. i know it says on top but i am looking to get a tank like this and im trying to find good lights.

Thanks guys.

The lights are 2 x 39 solarmax deep blue. I got them from my LFS. He uses the same lights on his softie and LPS tank at his shop and they do great. It has a switch for the actinic and a switch for day light. Also has 6 blue LED's... even with actinics off the corals really pop with the LEDS

So the light is basically 2x39w T5 with some LED's?

I have a 30g tank as well, it's nice to see more of them popping up lately.

That is correct.

I previously had a 5 and 10 gallon which I then combined into the 30. Going 30 gave me many more options as far as livestock.

Sand from the beach that I cleaned up. Haven't had any issues with it... but I like the way the other sand looks (bigger chunks) might switch to that..

No pics of the fuge yet but I will get some soon.

good to see you added more rock, looks much better. I too, love seeing arches and overhangs in the rockwork.

I REALLY love your whammin melons ( i miss mine :( ) and the ones nest to them. A real eye catcher for me.

Love seeing another 30gal reef out there. I have 1 and this one has been up and running for lil over 8months now.

Looking forward on seeing what you'll get next.

good to see you added more rock, looks much better. I too, love seeing arches and overhangs in the rockwork.

I REALLY love your whammin melons ( i miss mine :( ) and the ones nest to them. A real eye catcher for me.

Love seeing another 30gal reef out there. I have 1 and this one has been up and running for lil over 8months now.

Looking forward on seeing what you'll get next.

Thanks! I think I might just add a little more base rock to even things out. The watermelons are my favorites too, thanks =)

Is that your mexican red knee in your avatar? Looks beautiful! I used to have a brazilian white knee and a P. murinus aka the OBT.. lol. Had a few scorps as well. Still have my flat rock scorpion. I was a member of arachnoboards for quite some time.

Yeah that is my B. smithi (redknee). I reared up up from a size of a 2" and she is now full grown and about 8 or 9yrs old. I neamed her leanne. I have bred 4 female OBT's. I have 15 T's and 2 scorps right now. I had almost 300 T's and reall close to 90 scorpions before I ventured off to the reef keeping. I sold most of what i hed and use to money to setup my first tank.

Yeah that is my B. smithi (redknee). I reared up up from a size of a 2" and she is now full grown and about 8 or 9yrs old. I neamed her leanne. I have bred 4 female OBT's. I have 15 T's and 2 scorps right now. I had almost 300 T's and reall close to 90 scorpions before I ventured off to the reef keeping. I sold most of what i hed and use to money to setup my first tank.

Wow... Def. a beautiful T.... 90 scorps? Holy crap... lol. Did you tango with any LQ's or any parabuthus species? I never worked up the courage to pick up any of the fat tails... lol

I still have 1 of my Lq's rearing up from 3rd instar, not it's 5th or 6th. And I NEVER had tried to pick up my Lq, don't wanna gamble with fate, lol. I never had any parabuthus from what i can remember. I

After I finish remodeling my home, I'm going to get a bigger reef tank and build my T and scorpion collection back up.

I still have 1 of my Lq's rearing up from 3rd instar, not it's 5th or 6th. And I NEVER had tried to pick up my Lq, don't wanna gamble with fate, lol. I never had any parabuthus from what i can remember. I

After I finish remodeling my home, I'm going to get a bigger reef tank and build my T and scorpion collection back up.

Oh wow nice.. Yea I've seen a guy pick up his LQ. Don't why or how he did it but yikes...Post some pics of your collection when you start growing it again!

Got some new pics and a new addition to the tank (cleaner shrimp!)

P2270459.jpg

P2240414.jpg

P2270456.jpg

P2270454.jpg

P2250452.jpg

P2250447.jpg

P2250446.jpg

P2270455.jpg

redkneecoral

great new scarlet, I love those.

Nice frags and nice zoas., Is that a briads nest frag. I am itching for one of them.

I wouldn't ever pick up my Lq, at least not without my 10" long tweezers lol.

I will post the T's I have already soon, waiting to see how the pix turns out of my 30 gal pix I'm about to post today or tomorrow.

great new scarlet, I love those.

Nice frags and nice zoas., Is that a briads nest frag. I am itching for one of them.

I wouldn't ever pick up my Lq, at least not without my 10" long tweezers lol.

I will post the T's I have already soon, waiting to see how the pix turns out of my 30 gal pix I'm about to post today or tomorrow.

Thanks! Yep its a birds nest, can't wait for it to grow out. I'll frag you a piece when it does grow out, lol.

Let me know when you post up the pics!

I'm ordering a royal gramma and 2 feather dusters tonight and more frags are coming either tomorrow or thursday.

redkneecoral

I love the royla gramma, they are one for me to have lol. Also love those dusters. I really want an coco worm.

And I'll be looking out for those new addition pix

I love the royla gramma, they are one for me to have lol. Also love those dusters. I really want an coco worm.

And I'll be looking out for those new addition pix

Coco worms are extremely cool looking. My LFS had this pink one the other day.

I picked up 2 more nice zoa frags. Everything is extended and looking really good. I'll get some pics a little later.

redkneecoral

cool new corals. I like everything on your frag rck, so when is a good time to come by and pick them up. lol :P

Your duster looks huge, and looks bigger than mine

Archived