Pod Your Reef

February 2010 - masterbuilder

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For February we're featuring masterbuilder and his 30 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find masterbuilder's tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for masterbuilder, and he'll try his best to answer them.

masterbuilder

Thanks everyone for the nice thoughts. I am beyond honored to be included with some of the other featured reefs. While I am happy with my tank, I dont feel it quite stands along side of some of the others.

To those who mentioned the Nuc Greens...they started from a frag of two polyps I got from World Wide Corals while on a trip to Disney 18 months ago. One of my other corals I failed to mention is the one on very top of the Monti tower. That was actually my 1st coral ever, came to me as a pin head sized hitchhiker five years ago. I am not sure what it is...maybe a porites of some sort.

Thanks again reefers,

Mark

masterbuilder
Congrats Mark! Gorgeous tank!

How have the trimmas been for you? I'm thinking of adding 3-4 to my 9g tank.

The Trimmas are (if you have to mail order) poor shippers but are bullet proof once in the tank. They get along well and two have paired up, breeding every month or so.

Deleted User 6
The Trimmas are (if you have to mail order) poor shippers but are bullet proof once in the tank. They get along well and two have paired up, breeding every month or so.

Good to hear! I didn't know you were from beufort - I grew up in Spartanburg and we'd get down that way once a year or so. Anyways, big congrats - your tank is certainly inspiring.

Archived