Top Shelf Aquatics

What The Heck!

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Hi,

Well I just fed my tank. Everything was normal. All of the sudden something strange happened. Out of this tiny hole something shot out and grabbed a piece of shrimp. The thing was creepy. It was pure green, long about an 11/2 in as far as I can see. Still had a huge part of its body in the hole, scaly, and it looked like the cross between a killer worm, a centipede, an eel, Yoda, and a snake.

I think this thing is nothing but trouble. As soon as I saw it it shot into it's little hole. Does anybody know what this could be? It's hole is right next to my Sexy Shrimp's Purple Mushroom Rock and I have a huge feeling this is a killer!

:scarry:

Thanks!

Carlton'sTank

Sounds like a mantis to me. They are really skinny and aren't what you would think of as traditional shrimp. I had a small one in my tank for a while without knowing and it was fast as heck. Has all of the characteristics to be one. Listen for clicking at night. You could try and make a trap, but these guys are freaking a PITA to catch. Good luck!

animalmaster6
Sounds like a mantis to me. They are really skinny and aren't what you would think of as traditional shrimp. I had a small one in my tank for a while without knowing and it was fast as heck. Has all of the characteristics to be one. Listen for clicking at night. You could try and make a trap, but these guys are freaking a PITA to catch. Good luck!

:(:tears:

Crap

Thanks for the help!

Anybody else think it's a Mantis Shrimp?

animalmaster6

Well it came out agin. It is super long but deffinetly a mantis shrimp ;tears:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alright this weekend plan "Sneak N Snatch" will be in full swing!

Take This Mantis!!!!!!

explosion.jpg

and

agent-smith-firing-gun-the-matrix.jpg

animalmaster6
I'll help you catch it if I can have him for my fuge

Thanks Cody!

Just heard it snap -_-

You can have it if you give me pix of it. Feeding your hawk?

i will get back to you on this.

animalmaster6
did he kill ur sexy and goby?

Not Yet.

Plan Snaek N Snatch is in full swing and we're hunting him down and giving him to Cody for his fuge.

• 2 weeks later...

How's the hunt?

I got two out and traded them for some nice stuff! I think I still have another, or perhaps a pistol.

The only way I got mine out was taking the rock they were in out and pouring club soda in their hole. One of those jerks didn't want to go after even that, so I used tweezers.

Try stuffing some scallop in a snail shell if you want to go the 'bait' route.

animalmaster6
How's the hunt?

I got two out and traded them for some nice stuff! I think I still have another, or perhaps a pistol.

The only way I got mine out was taking the rock they were in out and pouring club soda in their hole. One of those jerks didn't want to go after even that, so I used tweezers.

Try stuffing some scallop in a snail shell if you want to go the 'bait' route.

Not Good,

I've only seen it once and then it almost attacked one of my hermits. If I even move one finger It goes back in its hole. He's a pain.

I also don't have room for a bottle trap <_<

I couldn't make the bottle trap work, anyway. I tried it for several days. They are intelligent little creatures.

If you REALLY want to try a bottle trap use a tiny baby bottle and cut the tip off the nipple. that little guy is not very wide.

I don't think it'll work though. If there's ANY way you can get the rock out do that! You know where his hole is so that's 80% of the battle, I think.

animalmaster6
I couldn't make the bottle trap work, anyway. I tried it for several days. They are intelligent little creatures.

If you REALLY want to try a bottle trap use a tiny baby bottle and cut the tip off the nipple. that little guy is not very wide.

I don't think it'll work though. If there's ANY way you can get the rock out do that! You know where his hole is so that's 80% of the battle, I think.

-_-

I can't do that. I have a Hi Fin Goby who is paired with a mated pair of Red Banded Pistols.

I might try the baby bottle trap.

Archived