SaltCritters.com

FS:. Custom mesh aquarium lids

n00bferlife

So I'm going to startmaking mesh tops for the bc29. There made out of window screen frames, pond or bird netting. They also come with hinges and a nice lookin handle. $60 shipped anywhere

photo-1.jpg

photo_2-3.jpg

photo_3-3.jpg

photo_5-1.jpg

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya there legit. takes a bit of time to get it just right. i like to makesure my mesh is super tight. saggy mesh= nastyness. ive already started the fab process. if anyone has anyother tanks they want me to make it for besides the bc29, im sure we can work something out

ya there legit. takes a bit of time to get it just right. i like to makesure my mesh is super tight. saggy mesh= nastyness. ive already started the fab process. if anyone has anyother tanks they want me to make it for besides the bc29, im sure we can work something out

Make one for a BC14 and you got youself a sale!

Is there? Is there instuctions on how to make the frame bend? Or were to get the mesh screen?( hard to find). Or where to get micro hinges...or how to make the mesh supertight so it's like a trampoline? It reall is a pain... And my profit margin isn't as high as yiu think.

your really charging $60 for a piece of window screen? C'mon man...there is a DIY on how to do this in the DIY section.

I'm in the same boat as you, but that's business. If people will pay, then why not.

Is there? Is there instuctions on how to make the frame bend? Or were to get the mesh screen?( hard to find). Or where to get micro hinges...or how to make the mesh supertight so it's like a trampoline? It reall is a pain... And my profit margin isn't as high as yiu think.

yes, it explains how to make a mesh top with the frame. You can get the frame pieces and the small hinges at Do It Center and you can buy a piece of mesh for 89cents here on the boards

yes, it explains how to make a mesh top with the frame. You can get the frame pieces and the small hinges at Do It Center and you can buy a piece of mesh for 89cents here on the boards

dude stop hating...

its called people needa make money, so lay off....

Some people cant DIY and would rather pay so he is puttin his time and effort into makin em so people can buy em... what he wants to charge is up to him .

so go kick rocks.

:slap:

dude stop hating...

its called people needa make money, so lay off....

Some people cant DIY and would rather pay so he is puttin his time and effort into makin em so people can buy em... what he wants to charge is up to him .

so go kick rocks.

:slap:

owned.

look dude...

it takes me about 3 hrs to make one. im a business owner, so i know whats fair, but like i said guy...my profit margin isnt even that great, less than 25%..ooohhhh $15...big deal..

apparently you want one, or you wouldn't be grunting so much, so ill tell you what, ill give you 5% off...

if not, like my buddy ibom said, "go kick rocks"

edit: btw, ive made 3 today already, for people who gladly paid the measly $60

LivingStrong08

You know what's sad about this... I paid a member on NR to make me a lid just like this. Actually I wasn't even asking for anything this advanced. It's now taken him about 4-5 months to complete. I haven't heard from him since early December, late November and I have tried emails and no luck. Now I am opening a paypal claim to get my money back. I def want this, however I need to get my funds first before I pay extra for a lid. Very sad as this guy has given me every exuse in the book. Far as I'm concearned he should buy this one for me since I lost my BsJ and yellow assessor on a job that he said would take 6 weeks.

Sorry had to vent. I will be posting a review on him since he also has a business.

Your product is fantastic man. I look forward to having this when I get my issue settled.

I'll add to my favs so I don't lose the thread!

i feel you. i lost my beloved firefish( R.I.P FLASH ) it sucked, thats was back when i had the typical 'eggcrate' lid. i made my first a few weeks ago. im getting better and more fast at making them as i make more. im now using silicone on all joints and to cover bare metal on underside (bolts and nuts) to prevent rusting. i also found some really cool deco bolts im now using. also i would like to note i use 2 sheets of mesh. i do this for two reasons. 1, give a random abstract look, 2, makes for a tighter product with smaller openings.

i just realized i didnt mention before, you can have your choice of frame and mesh colors

frame: grey, silver,or white

mesh: clear or black

seems to be some kind of mono-filament string, like fishing line, thats bonded together. stuff is pretty tuff, cant rip it, have to use razor. i think it would be good, worked on a bc29 with a sunpod for a week or so.

ya, you have to get the end juuuuuust right, too much pressure, you get ugly divots and creases, not enough and the metal starts twisting. i went through 6 sticks of framing my first time

how long has he had it under the sunpods? no signs of melting?

i personally had it under a sunpod for a week till i switched to t5's, not even close, after all day of use, it wasnt even warm to the touch. it was a 20" 150w with a 20k xm bulb. not sure how it would do under a 400w se bulb tho...lol

not hating, just think you shouldnt try to make such a profit off of people. Plus, i think you need to become a vendor to sell your products on here.

Archived