SaltCritters.com

CPR aquafuge MODIFICATION

papajohn40

b4 i bought the fuge ive been asking a lot of people if its possible to mod the fuge so the pump is not inside the tank. (to make it look cleaner in the display tank). and put it in the fuge itself. and all the answer i got is (NO or just buy a AC). lolz. anyways i still got it and try to mod it and success. hirs some picture

GetAttachment1.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment3.jpg

Good idea, what wouldn't that make a lot of turbulence inside the fuge and blow stuff around? Just a thought. Do you have it set up yet?

I was thinking about getting one of these and putting a tunze 9002 in it.

Good idea, what wouldn't that make a lot of turbulence inside the fuge and blow stuff around? Just a thought. Do you have it set up yet?

I was thinking about getting one of these and putting a tunze 9002 in it.

yes i already set it up. theres not really a strong turbulant in the fuge. cuz the output of the water is facing the glass.

How did this work for you? Is that the same pump that comes with the CPR? How did you it as well?

I have CPR so I'm curious.

so far its doing good. yes it is the same pump that came with it.

Got any video of this bad boy in action?

oh no not yet. right now its just running water in my tank i havent put the mud and macro algae yet. once i put it. ill post videos

• 1 month later...

I think he connect the pump intake to the fuge intake. So it produces the propellar effect like the ones in our HOB filters. It sucks the water in from the tank.

papajohn. hows this setup doing for u? I just ordered an aquafuge(med) and already looking at possibly doing the same modifications. Can u list a step by step DIY and parts that might be needed? help a brotha out lol. Thanks! :happydance:

• 1 month later...

Any update on this? Has anybody put together a parts list? Does the pump being inside the chamber create too much disturbance inside the fuge?

I just bought the medium CPR and would love to get the ugly gray pump out of the display...

Hi! Correct me if I am wrong, the avatar is similar to a Philippine Flag. Pinoy?

Anyway, since we are in the subject of making mods for this fuge, I have the large one and it's up and running for sometime now. I like the idea of putting in purigen and chemipure as it works great in my nano tank. I put the right amount that sits right on the live rock that I put in the there. i do not think its getting a lot of flow through it. So I am thinking of putting compartments but I want to know if you have any ideas about that.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
kind reefer

Hello,

I'm also curious how you attached the inlet of the refugium to the intake of the pump?? The VA pump appears to be covered on the intake like most pumps. Did you use any specific part to hold the two together or hose clamps etc. Please describe so others can do this mod!

• 1 year later...

I just got a medium aquafuge, and for it to fit in the JBJ 28g nanocube, I had to let go of one of the stock pumps. It doesnt bother my flow that much since I have a mp10, but would not mind the extra pump to help.

Can you provide a parts list if possible of what you did to extend the tube?

Obvious question here. If it was that easy to put the pump inside, why did they release a product with an ugly pump in the tank? What am i missing?

Obvious question here. If it was that easy to put the pump inside, why did they release a product with an ugly pump in the tank? What am i missing?

Pump replacement is easier if its not in the cpr. For it to be inside, you have to unscrew the inlet completely. By it hanging on the outside, its easy to turn off, pull and replace.

Archived