Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

justliverock.com -bad bad bad

seanfhaynes

Don't ever order rock from them!

We finally got a package from them with only 60 of the 100lbs of dry rock we ordered almost a month ago. Now we can't get ahold of them to get a refund.

Just by chance I was on a website for a Coral/fish store out of AZ and I recognized a picture. I compared them and the Justliverock.com guy had taken their pictures from their website and was using them on his (without them knowing).

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't ever order rock from them!

Just by chance I was on a website for a Coral/fish store out of AZ and I recognized a picture. I compared them and the Justliverock.com guy had taken their pictures from their website and was using them on his (without them knowing).

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Kinda sounds like what aquacon.com does! ;)

That sucks... Guess their site should say

"Free shipping... -for us! Because we reduce your order to cover it!"

Why don't you just ask them to send you the other 40lbs? Also, did you weigh it yourself or did you use the fed-ex weight information (sometimes wrong)?

Also do you have a link to the AZ shop where the images came from?

Thanks.

Some people just love to bash companies in this perfect world. I got great live rock from Aquacon.com about one month ago. And I got a tiny critter package from them last week. For those who don't know its new owners, a husband and wife team. Mary is who I've talked to a few times, and she's very nice. I would highly recommend their live rock and they have great prices. Matter of fact I ordered 25 pounds and they sent me 30 on my scale to make sure I had enough. They also had a sale and it had free shipping. Can't wait for corals...letting the tank sit a little longer....

here's the link to their website www.aquacon.com

Some people just love to bash companies in this perfect world. I got great live rock from Aquacon.com about one month ago. And I got a tiny critter package from them last week. For those who don't know its new owners, a husband and wife team. Mary is who I've talked to a few times, and she's very nice. I would highly recommend their live rock and they have great prices. Matter of fact I ordered 25 pounds and they sent me 30 on my scale to make sure I had enough. They also had a sale and it had free shipping. Can't wait for corals...letting the tank sit a little longer....

Ya, do a little search on the internet for all the reports of people who have been ripped off by them. Even if they're under new ownership, it's going to be awfully difficult to overcome their very negative reputation.

Wow, and to think that on your very first post you coincidentally happened to run across this thread. I mean, for that to happen with me I'd have had to be searching for bad reviews on google to see if I could untarnish my website's image by promoting new ownership, but for you, an unaffiliated party, to happen to come across this thread and come to Aquacon's defense when they were only mentioned in a blurb shows such fortitude that I'm inclined to give you a round of applause.

They are crooks! I have been burned twice by them....my fault, I didnt know about all the bad reviews. The first time I bought a teal acropora that on there website photo said...not touched up this is what this coral looks like. Well I got a piece of brown unhealthy acropora. I tossed it up to bad shipping experience for the coral.

A year later I ordered a coco worm and a piece of their hollywood stunner chalice....what a joke, the chalice is as white as this webstie background, and the coco worm's crown is missing all its radiols....and they werent in the bag. Ripped off again. Never again....pass the word, the old web reviews about ripoffs are true!!

Wow are you serious!!?

Is dammmm people like these that are ripping of people from what I seen is that he is posting here that he has set up his first tank but in the aquacon reviews he said he is going to set up his 5 tank

From what I see I thin this is someone who is working for aquacon trying to lure people in to buying there stuff

• 4 weeks later...

Please Read About JustLiveRock.com

whoever started this thread probably works for a competitor. My family runs Just Live Rock at www.JustLiveRock.com and can assure you this guy probably wrote this post with bad intent or if he was a real customer wrote this post hastily before he got his second box the next day. We never ship more than 60 to 75 lbs of dry rock in one box because it would destroy the box. If he ordered 100 lbs of dry rock it must have come in two boxes. It would never come in one. And if he had called to tell me, which he did not, that the second box did not arrive we certainly would have shipped it. And we have nothing to do ith Aquacon. That is a separate company and in no way, shape, or form has anything to do with Just Live Rock or my family ever. We only sell live rock and dry rock. We run a real live rock aquacuture operation licensed by the state of florida and are on the up and up. Sometimes long periods of rough weather can hamper supply but the live rock is always shipped and if someone can't wait they always got a refund. Dry rock is always in stock. You people are screwing with other families livelihoods and should be ashamed of yourselves!

LivingStrong08

I really don't know how many people will take this. But I was actually looking at justliverock.com, and I still am considering them to order. Free shipping is awesome, and I understand that they would ship on two separate boxes. I tried to find more info on the company, but couldn't find any testimonials. However I did find another site that was asking about this company, and I didn't like that the guy posted the same response here as he did the other. (Even though it was addressing the same issue, with the same guy.)

I am looking to purchase anywhere from 100 lbs - 120, and if anyone else has used this company please speak up.

For the family member of Justliverock.com:

People on NR usually bring up aquacon, because his company has had some very very bad experiences, and every now and then you will see a success. I don't think anyone was saying you were connected.

Something that I would suggest is that you explain more about your shipping on your website. I know that you explain the options (which by the way same day delivery options is very cool.) But explain the separate boxes and maybe have pictures of how you would pack your liverock.

Please keep us informed of the final outcome of the problem.

I guess im just waiting for seanfhaynes to respond.

What a #### move by seanfhaynes if the problem was resolved and neglect to update this thread.

LivingStrong08

I agree 100%. If you are quick to say a problem, you need to keep people in the loop of the resolution.

I guess im just waiting for seanfhaynes to respond.

What a #### move by seanfhaynes if the problem was resolved and neglect to update this thread.

carbon-mantis

Hello, aquacon guy :mellow:

TheUnfocusedOne

This kinda reminds me of a guy a while ago who was bashing on nano-tuners led retrofits. He started insisting that he could build one cheaper, eventually revealing that he had a company making such retrofits. He was banned. A few days later his 'room mate' posted in the feed back forum saying that it was unfair that he was banded, and was complaining that the mods were out of control.

he was eventually permabanned

most entertaining :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I hadn't responded back (I haven't been getting emails when replies are made). The company hasn't responded or tried to fix the problem (other than to try and say that I work for someone else, and that took over a month for them to do). We ended up buying the rest of the rock that we needed locally like I should have done in the first place.

I would have to look back and find the link to the store in AZ but I think it was called aqua something ... IDK... the rock place took the pictures down after their people contacted them I guess.

Anyhow the tank is up now and when the credit card company gave our money back that was cool too. :-) I had just wanted to warn people since the deals they offer seem really good and didn't want others to get ripped off.

• 2 weeks later...

My ordeal started January 19th. I had done some research but it was to late for me .. when i found this thread and others (order was already placed)

I will try to cronicle the timeline in short for you. If anyone wants a copy and past of all the actual emails I have I will send them via email PM me.

There is no doubt this guy does send live rock.. but he is a terrible to do business with. To date I have never received my order correctly but rather received some base rock. Here is the series of events (minus a few responses from us early on that got deleted before we learned how bad this was getting)

Jan 19 Order placed 35# premium decorator rock $171.50 shipped

Jan 21 Notification that he was unable to dive due to European vacation and bad weather in florida.

(Missing email.. our response to just keep us informed as events transpire and to stay safe)

Jan 22 A thank you for our response and the first promise of a lil extra rock for our understanding.

Jan 24-25 We email since we had heard nothing since the 22nd

Jan 27 Still bad weather he explains.. will dive again on the weekend.

Jan29 We ask for a delay in shipping until we notify him.this time due to weather in our area(ice storms in oklahoma we do not want dead rock)

Feb 3 We email requesting shipment and tracking info

Feb 3 Reply shipment already sent tracking info to follow (**note shipment was sent prior to our request)

Feb 5 Shipment received **ITS BASE ROCK** will post pictures at the bottom.

Feb 5 I call him and let them know our shipment is wrong (can only get answering machine)

Feb 6 I call again get ahold of him and he tells me to send him an email on the 9th to "remind" him .. he offers to send an additional 20# of rock decorator stuff to make up for mis shipping.

Feb 9 Send email as requested along with our photo evidence of the rock shipment (pics below)

Feb 9 Response **Still bad weather**

Feb 10 Wife emails to try and explain our situation a little more to him.

Feb 11 They responds with explaination of weather and him being behind on orders etc.

Feb 12 Wife responds that base rock is indeed in tank and cycling but still not satisfied with shipment or service.

Feb 12 They respond with telling me how to be patient and cycle the tank etc.

Feb 12 They send an apology for telling us how to cycle not knowing if we were new to the hobby.

Feb 15 Response sent that we are not new but just re entering the hobby

Feb 16 He sends thank you email for our response and patience giving us a 5 day diving forcast and rock shipment outlook.

Feb 16 Reply to him answering a question about when my wife expects to leave for basic training (military)

Feb 23 Send email asking if everything is ok since no correspondence in 7 days.

Feb 23 Reply promising tracking info on the 24th by 6:30 pm

Feb 24 8:30 pm email sent asking for tracking info

Feb 26 Sent another email asking for tracking info

Feb 26 E-mail sent with address enclosed still asking for tracking info

Feb 26 Starting at 5:30 pm I call .. answering machine 6:30 .. Speak with Roger.. boxing rock for late night shipment Promises me tracking info in about an hour.. 8:55 pm no tracking info and get answering machine when i call.

Feb 26 E-mail sent explaining that if no shipment is sent with tracking information I would start reclaimation processes for any money i am legally allowed since i did not ever receive the actual order.

To date no reply or tracking information and they are not answering their phone (yes its saturday i know)

pics of rock advertised on their site:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tiPEW...feat=directlink

What we received.. box, packing, rock

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8OJUu...feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jhQMx...feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Pe-un...feat=directlink

I would never purchase from this company ever again. This has been the absolute worst online experience i have had. I am 100% dissatisfied with the companies lies, poor product and overall shady business practives. He is a small family company that I hope can turn things around but currently is a terrible option to buy live rock from.

I would sooner drive to the coast and get my own rock before purchasing from him in the future.

Please DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I gave them every opprotunity to make good on our transaction and they have failed to meet any timeline or deliver on any agreed upon resolution. I only hope now i can get some of my money back to be able to purchase some quality live rock and bring my tank up to where it should already be.

I will bump this a few times atleast in hopes of warning others from making my mistake. My worst regret is finding this info to late.

Guest TheBlueLorax

Im so sorry, for your loss, for me seeing the ups/mailman person deliver the box with the goods is the best part of Reefin, ... and to open the box n see sumthn that looks like...........THAT man id be so :tears::rant: at the same time check this place for rock liverocknreef.com i dont know if they are reliable though :happy:

Archived