FishEyeAquaculture

Proud parents!

PC090032.jpg

Here they are spawning!

th_PC090034.jpg

Here is the result!

PB290006.jpg

PB290007.jpg

It will take a few months to see what color they will actually become. Either chocolate or black.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishEyeAquaculture
congrats! not a big fan of hybrids, but those are stunning. goodluck with the rest.

They are not hybrids, both parents are different color variations of the species ocellaris. They will be pure/true Ocellaris.

FishEyeAquaculture
awesomeness! Can't wait to see how these turn out!

Me too! Even though I have a pretty good idea, since I have worked with the orange X black genetics before. The most likely outcome is chocolates. It doesn't matter what color the male or female is.

christosclowns

Well all i can say if she finally spawned that is awesome. Great jpb i said it before if it can be done you can do it. Regardless of the color the fact that a female snowflake is laying is incredible. And as far as coloration you may be surprised, i had black males with orange occ and i had allot of extreme black fish with orange dorsals and an orange face. You might get some john that have allot of black good work see ya

HOLY SHIIT THATS CRAZY!!! clowns at my school did that same dance when they were laying eggs but not those cool clowns! i hope all goes well man.. keep me posted i might have to buy a pair

FishEyeAquaculture
You will have a whole new variety of snowflake clowns!!!!!!!!what are you going to call them???????

well if they are black what about tuxedo clowns lol

If they are black...then, Phantom Clowns!

If they are chocolate...then, Chocolate Smores!

FishEyeAquaculture
i think a black snowflake clown would be the coolest clown ever much better than the orange snow flakes. congrats hope they are black. :)

That would be cool...we shall see! I think chocolates would be cool too, because it would be very different, everyone has seen orange snowflakes...but I am biased.

NightAtTheOpera
If they are black...then, Phantom Clowns!

If they are chocolate...then, Chocolate Smores!

I swear to God I just snorted tea out of my nose! Chocolate Smores :lol:

Congrats on the babies! My swords have had babies in my FW tank but I think any ignoramous can get swords to breed. Your tank must be pretty awesome to get baby Clowns.

hey hyper, i am tryin to understand the genetics.

i thought:

picassos came from true percs

snowflakes came from picassos

platinums came from snowflakes

so set me straight. should it be:

picassos and platinums are true percs?

snowflakes are occilaris?

picassos came from true percs : YES PIcassos are true percs

snowflakes came from picassos: FALSE you are probably mistaking DONIS SNowcassoo wich has caused alot of confusion. SNOWFLAKEs are their own occelaris MOrph.

platinums came from snowflakes: FALse PLatinums came from picassos being inbred over the years. And if you read at the top picassos are percula

FishEyeAquaculture
picassos came from true percs : YES PIcassos are true percs

snowflakes came from picassos: FALSE you are probably mistaking DONIS SNowcassoo wich has caused alot of confusion. SNOWFLAKEs are their own occelaris MOrph.

platinums came from snowflakes: FALse PLatinums came from picassos being inbred over the years. And if you read at the top picassos are percula

True story! Thank you illidan!

Archived