Innovative Marine Aquariums

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest: THE LAST FTS due 3/15/10

got2envy

I am starting a new thread so that I can MOD easier :mellow:

old thread is here, it will be closed due to it being a hawt mess.

Unofficial 12" cube contest

You can click on the contestants links below to follow their progress

Official starting date 9/21/09 official ending date 3/15/10 at Midnight Eastern time

A picture of a T shirt was asked to be posted by the contestants in an empty tank to make sure that everyone started on the same day. If a picture was not posted by 10/5/09 the first FTS pic day at midnight you are disqualified. That is unless you do not have your tank yet.

Thank You Lucid Propagations for the great prizes!!

Lucid.jpg

LUCID PROPAGATIONS

1st prize: $100 Gift Certificate

2nd prize: $50 Gift Certificate

3rd prize: $25 Gift Certificate

And get a free frag with any order from any contest participant from Lucid Propagations!

-Contestants have the option of having a raised (for media rack) or lowered (for fuge) baffle.

This contest is based around the idea that everyone starts with the same exact aquarium, same dimensions, material, false wall, etc. (most of which are being built by erickrm)

Rules:

-spending limit of $250 for livestock

-If the livestock dies, gets eaten, jumps ship or is taken out for it's health or just plain taken out for another coral IT IS NOT DEDUCTED.

-All Livestock has a Generic Listing to go by below, if there is something not listed that you need priced please PM me. Do not post for prices on your thread.

-No sumps allowed, the tank must be an AIO, with the same exact design as the one's erickrm is building. No adding HOB fuges, canister filter's, etc. to avoid adding volume

-"The contest is a 12" AIO cube contest, this doesn't need to be more difficult than need be, use the area in the tank that makes this an AIO for your pump, filtration etc and that's it. This isn't the here's a cube add 400 million outside extra's contest." This will be taken into account when judging for the aquariums is done.

- Winner will be decided by a poll at the end of the contest.

-No restrictions on lighting or other hardware in terms of price.

-everyone starts on the same day, to assure this you will be asked to place a random item in your empty tank, the day before the supposed starting date, and take a picture.

-A FTS update of your aquarium is required every other Monday starting 10/5/ 09 by midnight for the first five months and weekly for the last month, although the more updates the better.

- a link to FTS's are to be on post #1 in your thread and stay there for the duration of contest. The link should say the date. example: FTS 10/5/09

-Pictures must be your own!! Do not use googled pics or someone elses pictures in your thread for pricing or any other reason.

- A list with deductions of livestock and equipment used is to be on Post #1 in your thread

- The contest will last 6 months ending 3/21/10 at midnight Eastern time

- You can build you own aquarium as long as it is the same exact dimensions, material, design, as the one's erickrm is building, if you have any questions in regards to this, PM erickrm. It has to be EXACTLY the same dimensions.

-DEADLINE TO PAY ERICKRM IS JULY 31st

-Pictures must be your own!! do not google images or use someone elses in your thread. Pictures for pricing coral must be your own.

Contestants:

-harthag *Disqualified*

-Isakshu *Disqualified*

-Simplenough *Disqualified*

-nosser

-bluefunelment *Disqualified*

-JoeD

-lajz9(raised baffle to run media rack) *Disqualified*

-shoot me I explode *Disqualified*

-hayseed7 *Disqualified*

-Bob21115(raise the baffle to run a media rack)

-Watts *Disqualified*

-JavaJacketOC *Disqualified*

-Doc Frye *Disqualified*(raise the baffle to run a media rack)

-1337TANKHAX *Disqualified*

-jaygalindo *Disqualified*

-jokercykoe *Disqualified*

-scooternerd (building his own) *Disqualified*

-wljimbo *Disqualified*

- thelastlaugh9 *Disqualified*

================================================================

Generic Coral Price List

SOFTIES

Zoas and Paly's

No names- $ .30 PP

not really colorful at all

Common- $1 PP

EE, Whammin' watermelons, red skirts, dragon eyes, pink panthers etc.

Nice- $5 PP

Nukes, PD's, Tubbs blues, Bam Bam's,AOG's, RPE etc.

Rare- $20 PP

Magicians, PPE, Hornets, Captain America

Mushrooms

Any morph- $5 each

All Yumas/Ricordias- $10

GSP, Cloves, Pipe organ

Frag up to 3"- $5

Xenia

Pom Pom -$5 per stalk

Blue xenia - $8 per stalk

Anthelia up to 4" - $5

All Leathers

Frag up to 4" tall- $5

LPS

Fungias- any color $30

Brains- $35

Frogspawn/Hammer/Torch/duncans- $5 per head

Trumpets any color- $3 per head

Blastos- $10 per head

Micromussa -$30

Favias up to 4" -$25

Goniopora up to 5" -$15

Dendros- $15 per head

Sun Coral- $25 up to 5" frag

Acans

Common -$5 per head

Nice -$10 per head

Rare -$20 per head

Chalice-

Common -$5 per eye

Nice -$10 per eye

Rare -$20 per eye

SPS

Any Morph- branching, encrusting, caps etc.

1/2" -1" -$5

1"-2" -$10

2" - 3" - $20

3" - 5" $30

Clams-

Small- $30

Medium - $40

Large- $50

Mini Nems-

Any morph $10 each

Macros-

If it came on your live rock it is free as a hitchiker

Any Macro - $2 a sandwich bag

Mangroves- $1 each

Gargonians, sea fans, sea whips- $3 each

Sponges- $2 each

CUC and Invertebrates

Assorted hermits- $.69 each

Mexican Turbo snail-$1.00 each

Ceriths- $.25

Astraea snails- $.25 each

Nerite snails- $.75 each

Nassarius snails- $.75 each

Conch - $3 each

Cowrie - $2 each

Nudibranch/sea hares- $5 each

Assorted Sea stars- $ 6 each

Coral banded shrimp- $5 each

Skunk Cleaner shrimp- $20 each

Harlequin shrimp- $20 each

Sexy shrimp-$10 each

Fire shrimp- $30 each

Peppermint shrimp-$3 each

Pom Pom crab- $10 each

Porcelain crab- $10 each

Emerald crab- $10 each

Pistol Shrimp- $9 each

Feather duster -$8 each

Coco worm- $15 each

If you add any fish or inverts to your tank that are cheaper than my generic price or Live Aquaria please post a pic of receipt in your thread.

Fish

Since there is such a large variety on this we will refer to the Liveaquaria.com pricing. If you do have a link,then post it on your thread and we will use that price.

If I am missing anything please PM me

If I gave you a previous price please refer to this guide and change accordingly.

Play nice boyz...don't muck up the thread. :P

Maria

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bluefunelement

yeah that last thread was like :welcome: and :happydance: then it was like totally :rant::wacko:omgomgomg until a mod decided to :lockdown::owned: and it became :mellow: and now we're all :grouphug:

maybe I should never again use emoticons?

FTS posted - trying to id and tally costs now... :bling:

So prices that have been okayed before, are now null and void, and we need to recalculate?

Yes you do, but you should make out better. You should have more to spend after the recalculation...

I bought 2 blood red shrimp from Live Aquaria the week we were allowed to add saltwater for $38. We use Live Aquaria as a price reference, but now I have to charge my budget $60 for them? etc etc etc

$38 each?

The Divers Den always has pairs for $79.99 a pair. Live Aquaria they are 29.99ea (Indo) or 34.99ea (Sri Lanka)

Maria has them listed at $30 ea

They ran a week long special at $18.99 each. I thought it was too good of a price to pass up. Bought 3 actually, and put 2 in this tank.

Date Order Placed: September 23, 2009

Bill-To:

David Frye

Milan Area Animal Hospital

10101 Tecumseh-Clinton HW

Tecumseh, MI 49286

Day: 734-439-2273

Evening: 734-439-2273

dr.frye.dvm@sbcglobal.net Ship-To:

David Frye

Milan Area Animal Hospital

517 West Main Street

Milan, MI 48160

Day: 734-439-2273

Evening: 734-439-2273

Tracking Information: Your tracking number will arrive with your shipment confirmation email.

Order Number: A2687697

Shipping Category 1: Fish/Corals/Inverts/Tank Cleaners/Algae - Ships from California

Item Details:

CN-90056 SW - Sexy Anemone Shrimp - Tiny Qty: 6, Price: $9.99 each = $59.94

CN-78465 SW - Blood Red Fire Shrimp (Sri Lanka) Qty: 3, Price: $18.99 each = $56.97

CN-89518 SW - Halloween Hermit Crab Qty: 3, Price: $8.99 each = $26.97

CN-80645 SW - Dispar Anthias (Fiji) - Small Qty: 1, Price: $24.99 each = $24.99

Subtotal: $168.87

FedEx Std. Overnight Air: $34.99

Shipping Category 1 Sub-total: $203.86

Pm that to maria.

Unfortunately with the new generic pricing all previous prices are null and void. This is what we agreed on, and that we would use the price list, I have turned others down on sale prices as well, this is why I liked the original way better...some get deals on some things and others don't.

Fire shrimp are $30 each

Please use the List and recalculate prices.

thanks maria, can't have cake and eat it too. New pricing benefits more than hurts in the long run for example, $100 pp zoas like purple hornets are only charged $20pp. Sounds like a great deal to me just wish I could afford some to take advantage of the pricing.

Unfortunately with the new generic pricing all previous prices are null and void. This is what we agreed on, and that we would use the price list, I have turned others down on sale prices as well, this is why I liked the original way better...some get deals on some things and others don't.

Fire shrimp are $30 each

Please use the List and recalculate prices.

I predict a avatar change.

What the, I'm disqualified? Sunday we got people holding off posting picts because they didn't want to be a day early, I'm a day late because I didn't post a pict of the 0 things in my tank? I'll post a picture of the empty tank w/ water in it. Here's my update, I removed all the rock w/ aiptasia, I've been scraping it off the sand and walls. I have water in my tank, nothing running. I flooded my basement last night while making Ro/Di water to do water changes on all my tanks. This is my 4th flood, I've decided hell w/ my larger tanks and am giving the livestock away tonight to a fellow reefer & breaking down the tanks only keeping this one, I may move some coral and rock from my tank into this little one because of this. I can take a pict of me breaking crap down w/ a newspaper dated today though taking picts is not really on my priority list since I'm not thrilled to be breaking down my tank and my carpet is still wet so I'll be working on that. Also today's my b'day, so far it's not been a thrilling one, the rest of being 31 better get better.

Ok Menz! I know that there will be days when we have caca happen. I don't care if you post your FTS as early as Friday and state that it is the FTS for that Monday...I know some of these are at the work place and people go away on the weekend and so forth.

harthag12 is disqualified as per the rules. If you guys think he should stay since it is the first FTS then I will change it. There will be a penalty of $10 deducted from his build.

bluefunelement
Ok Menz! I know that there will be days when we have caca happen. I don't care if you post your FTS as early as Friday and state that it is the FTS for that Monday...I know some of these are at the work place and people go away on the weekend and so forth.

harthag12 is disqualified as per the rules. If you guys think he should stay since it is the first FTS then I will change it. There will be a penalty of $10 deducted from his build.

I vote lenancy for these early shots as it's meant to discourage cheating and his reason for not posting is extenuating circumstances, "life".

Let's keep the spirit of competition vs judging in the early phase...

-oh and Maria will :slap: you :owned:

I vote lenancy for these early shots as it's meant to discourage cheating and his reason for not posting is extenuating circumstances, "life".

Let's keep the spirit of competition vs judging in the early phase...

-oh and Maria will :slap: you :owned:

let him stay.

Simple tried to post 2 pictures. His links didn't work. Sould he be disqualified for that? Unless he dosn't care...

Let him stay! If there is nothing in the tank (besides aiptasia apparently) what does it matter?

I did not know that about Simple :unsure: if it's a technical problem then def he can stay.

ok harthag12 is still in with a $10 penalty fee

Yay. 4 harthawg . I think a penalty for rule breaking is way better then banishment!

Simple tried to post 2 pictures. His links didn't work. Sould he be disqualified for that? Unless he dosn't care...

i am starting to believe that simple and erick had some sort of pre arangment -_- or maybe one in the same person ;) . werent you keeping up with the tracking info bob? was one going to miami?

Yay. 4 harthawg . I think a penalty for rule breaking is way better then banishment!

i am starting to believe that simple and erick had some sort of pre arangment -_- or maybe one in the same person ;) . werent you keeping up with the tracking info bob? was one going to miami?

I was but didn't keep it. I searched the old thread but it looks like its been removed.

I have a few question for everyone.

1. How many people have fish in their tanks?

2. If you have fish in the tank do you feel it took a bite out of your coral budget?

3. If you decided not to put fish in the tank was it because you didn’t want to affect your coral budget?

4. Who has figured out where I’m going with this.

I was just looking at my tank and thinking I love the way it looks, but it’s missing something.

FISH

bluefunelement

-Green Clown Goby, "Fred"

2. If you have fish in the tank do you feel it took a bite out of your coral budget?

- na less then $20 - sexy shrimp add up quickly though

3. If you decided not to put fish in the tank was it because you didn’t want to affect your coral budget?

- never seen a reef without fish and inverts; would look like a desert

- you hate fish?

I was but didn't keep it. I searched the old thread but it looks like its been removed.

I have a few question for everyone.

I was just looking at my tank and thinking I love the way it looks, but it’s missing something.

FISH

i wanted to get a small fish but don't want my shrimp eating it!

ok cool, my tank is now running. Watching biggest loser than will work on pictures. broke down my tank, put rock in this new one, put some corals in, clean up crew is way to huge but didn't want the poor guys to die from me emptying the other tank. my thermometer won't read above 71 so threw a 3rd heater in ... put a glass thermometer in and it shot upto 80+ on it, not sure which is accurate but the water felt pretty warm so unhooked 2 heaters, trusting in the glass one.

Didn't really mean to ##### in earlier post I'm just incredibly lazy and pictures seem like work (yeah bad excuse I know) and than the whole flooding basement didn't help. Does that count as repenting.

-Green Clown Goby, "Fred"

- na less then $20 - sexy shrimp add up quickly though

- never seen a reef without fish and inverts; would look like a desert

- you hate fish?

I need fish in my tank.

I wonder is Simple pulled the $250 limit out of the air.

I think we should have set another limit on fish and shrimp.

Archived