Coral Vue Hydros

rimless + simplicity = my tank.

pnguy3n

Well, I don't usually go on NR but here's my tank thread.I wanted a clean/simple tank. I don't want to use the word modern cause it's misused so much with furniture,decorations, and yes aquariums. Here goes...

TANK

-36x30x20 rimless starphire(3 sides)

I purchased the tank from Ali at Amazing Aquariums&Reefs

http://www.amazingaquariumsandreefs.com/

side.jpg

side view

front.jpg

top view

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the steel stand, I decided to have it powder coated white. John from http://www.distunlimited.com/ who helped me with my stand was super helpful and patient with me.

Stand.jpg

Nice! You should post on NR more often :)

And I could do the math but it is late lol, how many gallons?

Thanks I appreciate the comment. It's about 93.5 gallons give or take.

My steel stand will be skinned by my friend that does concrete work. Here's a picture of it being made, the sides will be concrete and door will be a white kitchen cabinet.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

wow looks really sweet...I love it when people put in time for custom builds....

I'm glad you appreciate it, I didn't want the stand to take away from the tank. It sure seems like it. Are you from Kihei? I went to Maui last year and stayed there. It was a blast.

what will the lighting setup be?

Hi Daniel, are you the one that makes mag racks? If so, then I've purchased from you before. Glad to hear from you dude. Anyways I plan on purchasing either an ATI powermodule or sunpower. I'm debating whether to go with 6 bulb with spotlights or the 8 bulb fixture. I currently have the Sfiligoi SOLEset but the wide is not enough for a 30" wide tank.

Amazing Aquariums could not be a more fitting manufacturer for that tank.

Can't wait to see the progress.

I totally agree, it's no ELOS or A.G.E but I'm really happy how it turned out. Ali(owner) really helped me out.

with a 30" depth I'd go 8 bulb!!!

I've been getting alot of input and majority have said 8 bulb.

For now I have (1) Tunze 6055, but with that I will also be running (2) Tunze 6045.

6055.jpg

Here are some of the display tanks at Amazing aquariums&reefs. I had to drive from San Diego to Orange to make my decision. After seeing these tanks it wasn't too hard to make my final decision.

amazing.jpg

disply.jpg

ATi.jpg

amazing.jpg

skimnano.jpg

disply2-1.jpg

leftside.jpg

amazing1.jpg

tobacco.jpg

plate.jpg

cans.jpg

Hi Daniel, are you the one that makes mag racks? If so, then I've purchased from you before. Glad to hear from you dude. Anyways I plan on purchasing either an ATI powermodule or sunpower. I'm debating whether to go with 6 bulb with spotlights or the 8 bulb fixture. I currently have the Sfiligoi SOLEset but the wide is not enough for a 30" wide tank.

Yep, that's me. :)

I agree with the 8 bulb fixture, it'll give you a lot more diversity when you go and choose bulbs, plus your tank is so wide you're going to be happy you went with 2 extra bulbs.

I look forward to seeing the tank with some plumbing, LS/LR and water! :)

Oh yea, I second the Vortech too... 1 MP40 or 2 MP20's should do wonders for the tank :)

Archived