ReefCleaners.org

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

So heres my 34 gallon some of you remember.

tank054.jpg

tank060.jpg

Since i finally moved I decided to do another. I wanted to do this one bigger and better as well as a couple of surprises.So i ordered a 39 gallon from my buddy eddie over at cadlights. So i wait a few days and finally my tank arrives. But to my horror ups did this my tank <_<:angry::(:o :o

cadlightdestroyed0003.jpg

cadlightdestroyed0004.jpg

Needless to say i was really pissed but eddie told me not to worry about it he would send another tank. But i thought about it and decided it wasnt worth the risk of ups destroying another perfectly good tank. So i decided to go to Brooklyn and pick the tank up myself. I got a chance to finally meet eddie in person( great guy btw) and picked up my tank(he even helped me get it into my car) hows that for customer service!! And to top it all off eddie refunded me the shipping charges on the tank. So now you have a pretty good idea how awesome cadlight service is.Please dont hesistate to buy a tank from eddie...hes really one of a kind.

So im just about ready to set my tank up but on my way to work i get hit by a tractor trailer(see pics) and separate my shoulder pretty badly.

accident0001.jpg

accident0005.jpg

So a few weeks go by and i just cant take it and even though it hurts like heck i managed to get my tank together. So enough talking heres the tank this time with leds..

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that looks awesome, and the lighting is killer. Sorry to hear about your shoulder though, but your setup is very sweet.

I said this before the Nano Reef crash of July 2009....

CADLights are sweet tanks...sweet setup with the aqua illumination LEDs! You have all the goods for a great tank. If I remember correctly, you had LR in and took some shots of the LEDs with different lighting configs....

Keep us posted...I'm looking at a CADLights 39 Pro right now and have been reading up on what others are doing with their CADs.

I said this before the Nano Reef crash of July 2009....

CADLights are sweet tanks...sweet setup with the aqua illumination LEDs! You have all the goods for a great tank. If I remember correctly, you had LR in and took some shots of the LEDs with different lighting configs....

Keep us posted...I'm looking at a CADLights 39 Pro right now and have been reading up on what others are doing with their CADs.

Thanks i needed to repost those pics since the site crashed.I finally finished aquascaping.It came out the way i wanted so im pretty happy about that. I was playing around with the leds. First pic is with all of the leds on at 100% The second is with just the blue leds at 100% and the last pic is one module with all leds on and the second module with just blue leds

cadlight0002.jpg

cadlight0001.jpg

cadlight0003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i finally got around to hanging the leds. I bought a sulight hanging kit and personally think its the best. It sooo easy to adjust the height when you need to mess around inside the tank.So heres some pics with the lights on and off

cad0001.jpg

cad0002.jpg

So my GHl profilux controller came in yesterday along with my doser. I got a wickedly good deal on the entire package which includes the

profilux.jpg

Profilux II Plus Controller

6 Outlet powerbar

Temp probe

PH probe

3 pump dosing unit

One of the best things about the profilux controller is the ability to utilize the full potential of my aquaillumination led sytem. The standard controller that comes with the led system is very limited.But with the profilux you get to unleash its true potential. Imagine having clouds pass over your reef. What about the occasional rainy days, and lightning storms? You can have it with a Profilux. You also earn the ability to set multiple lighting periods throughout the photoperiod. A major drawback that other lighting systems (and the AI with a standard controller) have is that you can set sunrise and sunset, but the rest of the day your lights shine at 100%. In nature, the light intensity changes throughout the day. My reef gets a nice sunrise, then from sunrise to noon, the lights increase to maximum intensity. Then, just like in nature, the light intensity gradually decreases until sunset. So does my reef. And, with cloud probability, storms, and rainy days. . . everyday is different!

Needreefunds

There ya go again..... always skimping on the equipment. :rolleyes:

Awesome system you are putting together buddy.

Enjoying following along Sir!

:o:o:flower:B)

Thanks weetiekins :flower::happy:

There ya go again..... always skimping on the equipment. :rolleyes:

Awesome system you are putting together buddy.

Enjoying following along Sir!

Thanks alot buddy :)

WOW. What did you end up doing with the DA controller? If you're selling, i'm buying...

oh i sold it a week or so ago....if i wouldve known you wanted it i would have totally sold it to you.

Just in case you're wondering... YES, I HAVE REEF ENVY!!! :o

Amazing equipment bro!!!

Now, you know we all expect full video of the "thunder storms" you can make now!!! B)

oh i sold it a week or so ago....if i wouldve known you wanted it i would have totally sold it to you.

bah no worries! I'm still going to wait on the results for this week's draw.

Just in case you're wondering... YES, I HAVE REEF ENVY!!! :o

Amazing equipment bro!!!

Now, you know we all expect full video of the "thunder storms" you can make now!!! B)

Thanks bud. I definitely plan to make a small video showcasing the lighting periods.

Thanks bud. I definitely plan to make a small video showcasing the lighting periods.

how bout that UV sterilizer

Archived