My Biocube 14

CalBear91

P6120018.jpg

My Biocube 14

Upgrades

-Maxi-Jet 900

-Hydor Flo

-3.24 Lighting Upgrade

-2nd Chamber Refugium (UWWMatt's Refugium Light)

-Koralia 1

-Chemi Pure Elite in 2nd Chamber

-Purigen behind stock filter cartridge

-Filter Floss on drip tray

-Drilled more holes on drip tray

Stock

-LR/LS

-2 OcellarisClownfish

-Bubble Tip Anemone

-Green Star Polyps

-Zoas (Fire and Ice Frag, and others if you can help identify that would be great)

-Mushrooms

-5 Hermit Crabs

-15 Asst Snails

Supplements

-Purple Up

-Kent Marine Nano Reef part A&B

-Reef Pure Magnesium Supplement

-NutraFin Waste Control

-NutraFin Cycle

Feeding

-Reef Nutrition Arcti-Pods

-Reef Nutrition Phyto Feast

-NutraFin Max Pellets

-Hikari Brine Shrimp

-Silversides (for my BTA)

I started my tank in July 08, then in march it started leaking from all over(too much to seal). so i bought a new one from the LFS. I am waiting for Oceanic to send me my replacement for the old one. My local fish store is going to give me store credit for it! I swapped everything from the old tank to the new one. I did loose a Coral Beauty in the process:9. Since then i have been working on getting my tank good again. I just put in the biocube 3.24 lighting upgrade from nanotuners.com, turned chamber 2 into a refugium, added Chemi-Pure Elite to chamber 2, and Purigen behind the stock filter cartridge. When i added the chemi pure and purigen the next day my water was clearer than it has ever been! I installed the lighting upgrade yesterday and could instantly tell a difference with my corals! The Maxi-Jet and Hydor Flo upgrade is really nice too, great water movement with the 2 and a koralia 1! I am still a beginner so any tips or advice would be great!

BTA

P6120020.jpg

GSP

P6120021.jpg

ZOAS (Help Identifying)

P6120023.jpg

P6120036.jpg

P6120037.jpg

MUSHROOMS

P6120022.jpg

UPGRADES (3.24 lighting, refugium light, Filter Floss, Koralia1)

P6120017.jpg

P6120018-1.jpg

P6120032.jpg

P6120033.jpg

post-45252-1313120762_thumb.jpg

THEEGRIMREEFER

Sweet tank man! i really like your rockscape. How is that anemone doing under the 3.24? does it stretch out for more light? sorry to hear about your other tank.

Ya it was tough :/ i had the anemone under the stock lighting for about 2 weeks and it was fine and i just put in the 3.24 upgrade 2 days ago and it seems happy! in the picture is about as far out as it goes. I just make sure i feed him good!

THEEGRIMREEFER
Ya it was tough :/ i had the anemone under the stock lighting for about 2 weeks and it was fine and i just put in the 3.24 upgrade 2 days ago and it seems happy! in the picture is about as far out as it goes. I just make sure i feed him good!

awesome. i have a rbta in my 14 under stock lighting and its been in there for about 4 months. bad i know.. :slap: but it was one of those impulse buys when i first started. but it stretches out alot but i feed mine silversides every week to keep it happy. hopefully ill move mines to my 29 or just upgrade the lights in the 14 since yours looks good under the 3.24.

I Really like the upgrade its not to hard and looks great, i recommend it!

How often do you feed your BTA?

THEEGRIMREEFER
I Really like the upgrade its not to hard and looks great, i recommend it!

How often do you feed your BTA?

i feed it half a silverside every week. sometimes a week and a half when i forget lol.

• 11 months later...
uxdesigner
awesome. i have a rbta in my 14 under stock lighting and its been in there for about 4 months. bad i know.. :slap: but it was one of those impulse buys when i first started. but it stretches out alot but i feed mine silversides every week to keep it happy. hopefully ill move mines to my 29 or just upgrade the lights in the 14 since yours looks good under the 3.24.

I also have a Rose Bubble Tip under stock lighting in my 14 and it seems to be doing fine. It does stretch a bit but so far it hasn't moved and seems like its thriving. Why does your RBTA not have the bubbles on the tips? I have seen others that also don't have the bubbles is that an indicator for something? I would think the bubbles mean healthy hence its name. Does anyone know the reasoning behind a RBTA with a lot of bubble tips and those that look more like frogspawn?

I also have a Rose Bubble Tip under stock lighting in my 14 and it seems to be doing fine. It does stretch a bit but so far it hasn't moved and seems like its thriving. Why does your RBTA not have the bubbles on the tips? I have seen others that also don't have the bubbles is that an indicator for something? I would think the bubbles mean healthy hence its name. Does anyone know the reasoning behind a RBTA with a lot of bubble tips and those that look more like frogspawn?

http://www.w3page.com/fishline/anem.html

Interesting read

Wes

Archived