Coral Vue Hydros

Lani's Coldwater Tank

Lalani

Finally sorted out the plumbing and today I added sand and rocks.... so we're officially underway. :)

I will probably change the bulbs out to spiral CF's or 50/50........... I think I might have two of those already. Will check in a few minutes.

Anyway, here we are on day one!

Equipment:

10gal. AGA tank

Hydor Seltz 320gph pump

Current Prime 1/15hp chiller

Magfloat

Alcohol thermometer

Backup Koralia nano if it needs more flow... and a couple of AC hob filters if need be.

IMG_6151.jpg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ew.

nah, jk lol. :flower:

Haha, now get to work on yours. :P

no live rock?

Coldwater tanks function a little different than tropical tanks. Because the water is so cool (58F in this one) the nitrogen process happens a lot slower. The sand should be populated with enough bacteria within a few months.

dt - BOTH

Thanks, guys! I hope I don't screw this up. :scarry:

Oh, found one brand spankin' new 50/50 screw-type bulb in my supplies, along with a spiral CF...... put them together and you get this:

IMG_6165.jpg

:lol:

Dunno, kind of like it.... lol. Will probably switch them out again.

ooh, that's sexy!

and as soon as I get around to taking the DSB out of my nanowave I'll hook up the chiller, promise. :flower:

Are you doing anything for an ATO or any other filteration?

Nah. I have a couple of little AC HOB filters that I could use for filtration later on if need be.

ooh, that's sexy!

and as soon as I get around to taking the DSB out of my nanowave I'll hook up the chiller, promise. :flower:

You like the color combo too? It looks really cool irl, and the white balance is off a bit in that pic. The yellow side is more red to the eye.. I'll try getting a more accurate pic later.

And yay, coldwater tanks FTW. :wub:

ok so the peer pressure is gonna make me do a CW tank. Prob is buying a chiller.

lol! Now that didn't take long. :D

one more dumb question. Im assuming that your running the chiller on a CL? Tank not drilled just pump pulling water out into the chiller and returning to the tank.

Looks nice.

I really wanted to do a MB biotope when I got back but being able to walk the tidepools I no longer have the desire. Plus 1 coldwater = 1 less reef tank :)

Nem city?

one more dumb question. Im assuming that your running the chiller on a CL? Tank not drilled just pump pulling water out into the chiller and returning to the tank.

Exactly! :)

Looks nice.

I really wanted to do a MB biotope when I got back but being able to walk the tidepools I no longer have the desire. Plus 1 coldwater = 1 less reef tank :)

Nem city?

Thanks! Ya, it'll be strawberry (corynactis) nems to begin with... what else.. we'll have to see.

Bet it's nice to be able to visit the tidepools themsevles, lucky dog. :P

whats going in it

Strawberry nems to start with. I'll see what else I can coax out of Jamie and maybe Daniel if he has anything to spare. Might get in on that GB also.

Ya I know, I just haven't gotten around to fixing that one. It's been dripping a little. :unsure:

The hose is on there really tight though, I can't seem to budge it (I'm just a girl.... weak..)

All the rest of them have hose clamps. Gotta make a trip to Ace to buy another clamp this weekend!

looks good.

i just bought the same chiller today. what kinda pump are you using?

my tank is at 88F. :mellow:

Archived