SaltCritters.com

Lone-Wolf's 34g Solana

Lone-Wolf

After reseraching for the past 2 months I have walked the Plank and ordered a Current USA 34 Gallon Solana... It should arrive at the LFS by the end of the week... Now all I need is

• light
    live sand
    live rock
    heater
    extra power head
    test kits
    and much more... :o lol

Taking my time not in any rush... :huh:

TriggerHappyDude

:welcome:

Welcome aboard!

Might read through my thread, and see what all I went with, equipment wise, look for other Solana threads as well, lots of great setups on this site.

Trigger I read thru all the pages on your thread lots of helpful info... still subscribed and read new posts daily... :))

• 2 weeks later...
Lone-Wolf

Just a quick update... Purchased an additional stand from cstires on RC He is from Orlando and the stand is top notch... I am in process of staining it will most likely end up being primary stand has higher viewing height...

ElosDoorOpen.jpg

Link to site is in my Signature...

• 1 month later...

June 9, 2009

The water is in the Tank.... I am so Happy after months of research and lot of time fabricating the tank is now operating...

Live Sand and combination of dry and live rock used.

I finished staining the stand a week ago and completed the custom Light Tree to hold the Outer Orbit Light and I have to admit it came out better than I expected....

I installed a switch panel, Ranco Temp Controller as a failsafe in case the heater fails, it will shut down the MH Lighting and the Heater in the events water temps rise above 85º F

I also installed separate outlet to kill power to pumps for maintenance This frees up additional switches for a chiller and ATO

The cycling countdown has begun... now to be patient and wait to add livestock... This will be the hard part...

45 days give or take is the goal... Taking it easy not wanting to be tempted to add Livestock early...

Don't forget to look at my webpage for more Pictures...

Clownfish Fanatic's Solana Build Diary

A few pictures of the build process...

DSC_1106.jpg

Starting Rockscape

DSC_1112.jpg

Tank, Finished Stand and Custom Light Tree

DSC_1114.jpg

Completed Rockscaping

DSC_1111.jpg

Power Center installed in stand

Awesome bro!

That stand is beautiful!!! Great website as well!!!

Are you going to take the legs off the Sunpod??? :unsure:

Awesome bro!

That stand is beautiful!!! Great website as well!!!

Are you going to take the legs off the Sunpod??? :unsure:

Thank you for the compliments... I am going to take the legs off the Outer Orbit Light it just wasn't on the top of the list for things to do even though it was probably the easiest thing to complete...

• 2 weeks later...

great job on your lamp and the scape is awesome. i like the idea of having that Dj powersupply outlets. very clever >:)

great job on your lamp and the scape is awesome. i like the idea of having that Dj powersupply outlets. very clever >:)

Thanks for the kudos.... I have continued to tweak things now designing a ATO but am finding out it may be easier to buy one....

How much water should be in second and third chamber when pumps are running???

• 4 weeks later...

Well it has almost been 45 Days since I began the cycle water parameters have been stable and I have added some livestock... Web page has had lots of updates... Here are some teaser pictures from the webpage...

DSC_1189.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

DSC_1178.jpg

DSC_1190.jpg

• 1 month later...

September 07, 2009

Not much to add... dealing with a few patches of Bryopsis in the Zoa Garden Solana... installing phosphate reactor and added a small bristletooth tang (I was advised that this tang will grow slow and it was recommended by well respected LFS owner) In Solana number 2 I haven't decided a theme yet... the tank was neglected before I got it am I am now having to try and get the Hair algae under control.... currently dosing Tech M and will be adding a phosphate reactor very soon

Web page has been updated

Below are some teaser pictures visit my web for complete updates I have added lots of zoas

FireandIce2.jpgEagleEyes2.jpgBlue-GreenRainZoas2.jpgClownfishTrio2.jpgArmorofGods.jpgElectricBlueClam.jpg

careful with that trio... small tanks+more than 2 clowns= lots of trouble. in my old 75g, I had a 2" female and two 1-1.5" babies, and she was fine for about two weeks, then paired with one and turned on the other.

oooh i like that second and third zoas.. what kind is it? i got first dibbs if you plan to frag someday!

The second one is a frag of Eagle Eyes and the third is a frag of "Blue-Green Rain Zoanthids"

both of these came from the dealer that I sent you info on.... they are doing very well.... Just did my first attempt at fraging last night (not these) and they are doing well have polyp extension today.... frag rainbow clove polyps, Armor of God Zoas and Green Bay Packer Zoas

TriggerHappyDude
The second one is a frag of Eagle Eyes and the third is a frag of "Blue-Green Rain Zoanthids"

both of these came from the dealer that I sent you info on.... they are doing very well.... Just did my first attempt at fraging last night (not these) and they are doing well have polyp extension today.... frag rainbow clove polyps, Armor of God Zoas and Green Bay Packer Zoas

Lone Wolf, sorry haven't hit your thread in a while, nice updates man. Do you mind PM'n me with some details on that stand builder and your power center, I think I want to do this! But oh man what a PITA it will be. I love the stand though, curious on the details...(price, shipping, etc..) And want details at least on that power center, maybe I could install it in my current stand.

• 3 weeks later...

Trigger I just saw your post have been on this site for awhile I will get you details on the builder of the stand and send you more info on the power center if you have a stock stand the power center is to wide to fit... I will send additional pictures of another power center I created in a stock stand... at work now so look for the updated picture...

Archived